Republican vs. Democrat
Washington, DC -(Ammoland.com)- 35 Members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus (CSC) joined the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) and representatives from the sportsmen’s community at Prince George’s County Trap and Skeet Center in Glenn Dale, Maryland, for a friendly competition of shooting rounds of trap, skeet and sporting clays.
“Members of the CSC are committed to protecting and advancing hunting, angling, recreational shooting, and trapping in the halls of Congress. Today, as sportsmen and women, they put partisanship aside and enjoy the outdoor pursuits that they work to protect,” said CSF President Jeff Crane.
Team Republican, led by CSC Co-Chair Congressman Rob Wittman (VA), accepted this year’s winning trophy with a score of 235-227. The Democrat team was led by CSC Co-Chair Congressman Tim Walz (MN).
In addition to CSC Members, Dave Butz, former Washington Redskin, and Kim Rhode, Olympic Gold Medalist shooter and member of the U.S.A. Shooting Team were in attendance.
The day prior, on Monday, May 11, CSF hosted the annual Industry Challenge, a shooting competition at the same location for CSF partners and supporters to establish their bragging rights for the year.
“This event is a great opportunity for conservation-minded sportsmen and women to gather annually for a day of friendly competition and to discuss relevant issues to the sportsmen’s community,” said Paul Miller, CSF Board of Directors Vice-Chairman.
Below is a list of winners from both shooting competitions:
Congressional Shoot-Out Winners:
Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus Individual Category
- “Top Gun” Member of Congress: Congressman Mike Thompson (CA)
- “Top Gun” Democrat: CSC Co-Chair Congressman Tim Walz (MN)
- “Top Gun” Republican: CSC Vice-Chair Congressman Jeff Duncan (SC)
- Top Skeet: Congressman Duncan Hunter (CA)
- Top Trap: Congressman Ted Yoho (FL)
- Top Sporting Clays: Congressman Richard Hudson (NC)
- “Top Gun”: Shane Naylor, Remington
- Top Skeet: Drew Goodlin, Vista Outdoor Inc.
- Top Trap: Tyler Olay, Remington
- Top Sporting Clays: Charlie Conger, Remington
- “Top Gun”: Forrest Wilson, Vista Outdoor Inc.
- Top Skeet: John Frazier, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Top Trap: Steve Southerland, Capitol Hill Consulting Group
- Top Sporting Clays: Dave Butz, National Rifle Association
- “Top Gun”: Angela Darraugh, Shimano American Corporation; and Jennifer Thompson, Shell Oil Company
- Kim Rhode, U.S.A. Shooting Team member, won “Top Gun Female.”
Industry Challenge Winners:
- First Place team: Remington
- Second Place team: Vista Outdoor Inc.
- Third Place team: Cabela’s
- “Top Gun”: Charlie Conger, Remington
- Top Skeet: Kim Rhode, U.S.A. Shooting Team member
- Top Trap: Shane Naylor, Remington
- Top Sporting Clays: Tyler Olay, Remington
- “Top Gun”: Robert Crow, White Flyer
- Top Skeet: Ryan Bronson, Vista Outdoor Inc.
- Top Trap: Bill Mackleit, Vista Outdoor, Inc.
- Top Sporting Clays: Forrest Wilson, Vista Outdoor Inc.
Title Sponsors of the Congressional Shoot-Out and Industry Challenge were BP America, Inc., Hornady Manufacturing Co., National Rifle Association, SilencerCo, LLC, and Vista Outdoor Inc.
Host Sponsors were Bass Pro Shops, Cabela’s Outdoor Fund, ITC Holdings Corporation, National Shooting Sports Foundation, Remington, and Winchester Ammunition.
Co-Host Sponsors included: Amgen, Anheuser-Busch Companies, Ash Grove Cement Company, Benelli USA, Beretta, Boone and Crockett Club, The Coca-Cola Company, Inc., Comcast Corporation, CropLife America, Dallas Safari Club, Diageo, ExxonMobil Corporation, FNH USA, GSM Outdoors, Hearing Industries Association, Honeywell International, Inc., National Pork Producers Council, Old Virginia Tobacco Company, Oracle, Richard Childress Racing, Safari Club International, Shimano American Corporation, White Flyer, and Yamaha Motor Corporation.
Since 1989 CSF has maintained a singleness of purpose that has guided the organization to become the most respected and trusted sportsmen’s organization in the political arena. CSF’s mission is to work with Congress, governors, and state legislatures to protect and advance hunting, angling, recreational shooting and trapping. The unique and collective force of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus (CSC), the Governors Sportsmen’s Caucus (GSC) and the National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses (NASC), working closely with CSF, and with the support of major hunting, angling, recreational shooting and trapping organizations, serves as an unprecedented network of pro-sportsmen elected officials that advance the interests of America’s hunters and anglers.
For more information, visit www.SportsmensLink.org.