Duties & Responsibilities: QDMA's Managing Editor will assist the Editor in producing all of QDMA's communications, including Quality Whitetails magazine and other publications, QDMA.com, e-mail newsletters, social media, and press communications.
- Editorial planning and research
- Writing articles and producing multimedia content for print and web
- Managing social media accounts
- Managing freelance article and photo contributions
- Photography and videography
- Press-release writing
Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related communications field and two or more years of paid experience writing and editing for print, web or other communications.
Critical Skills & Knowledge:
- Writing, editing and proofreading
- Research, fact-checking and reporting
- Desktop publishing software, preferably InDesign
- Magazine and web layout/design
- Social media
- SEO, Content Management Systems and website analytics
- Extensive deer hunting experience
- Knowledge of the QDM philosophy/QDMA mission
- Digital photography and editing (video and still)
- Mac OS
- Membership-driven organizations/non-profits
- Hunting and wildlife conservation
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking, responsible with deadlines
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualifications. QDMA is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package, including competitive salary, health, retirement, and vacation benefits.
Application Period: Closes May 30, 2015
Interested persons should forward a resume, cover letter, references, and copies of (or links to) up to three published writing samples. Send to:
- Managing Editor Search Committee
- C/O QDMA Human Resources Department
- P.O. Box 160, Bogart, GA 30622
Applications can also be sent electronically to Jill Faulkner, Human Resource Coordinator.
Founded in 1988, QDMA is a national nonprofit wildlife conservation organization dedicated to ensuring the future of white-tailed deer, wildlife habitat and our hunting heritage. To learn more about QDMA and why it is the future of deer hunting, call 800-209-3337 or visit www.QDMA.com.