Armed Domino’s Driver Turns Tables, Shoots Alleged Robbers

By AWR Hawkins

Domino’s Pizza Gun Ban
Domino’s Pizza Gun Ban
AmmoLand Gun News
AmmoLand Gun News

Washington DC – -(Ammoland.com)- On June 24 2015, a Domino’s Pizza delivery driver was approached by two alleged robbers who demanded his money. The driver pulled his gun and opened fire, killing one of the suspects.

The incident occurred in Hollywood, Florida, “Just after midnight.”

According to NBC Miami, “The delivery worker was returning from a few deliveries when two suspects approached him and attempted to rob him.” He pulled his gun and shot, killing one of the alleged robbers and causing the second one to flee.

Witnesses say the driver fired six rounds at the suspects, and a Domino’s Pizza spokesman said, “The company is fully cooperating with authorities but can’t comment because there is an active police investigation.”

It remains to be seen how Domino’s will handle the fact that the driver was armed. After all, Domino’s policy is to prohibit drivers from being armed for self-defense.

On February 11 2015, I reported that at least eight Domino’s drivers had been shot–three of those killed–since the start of 2012. And these figures do not include the number of drivers who were beaten at gunpoint and locked in the trunks of their own cars during this same time period.

Nor do they include the horrific February 8 armed attack on a female driver in California, who was forced to drive to another location before allegedly being raped and robbed.

Throughout these attacks, deaths, and sexual assaults, Domino’s Pizza has refused to abandon their policy of barring drivers from being armed for self-defense.

Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter: @AWRHawkins.

Eric
Eric

Alaska law allows employees to have firearms in their own vehicles in any parking lot used by the public. An employer can not make rules against it. If they are delivering with their own vehicles , Dominos can not say anything.
Self defense is a natural right, theives dying , is justice done.

james
james

Unfortunate that these criminals thought the driver was a way to get easy money.

The armed robber FORFEITED his life, the driver did not take it.

If he gets sacked he can always drive for the competition.

Mike the Limey
Mike the Limey

I spend quite a lot of time(& money) in the US & as a Brit, appreciate the fact that citizens are able to carry defensive firearms in a manner long outlawed in the UK.
I fully support this natural Right & make a point of never purchasing anything from a business that attempts to restrict this Right. That goes for storefronts, fast food deliveries, restaurants, Airlines (f – you American Airlines), cab companies, etc.
There are plenty of gun friendly alternatives out there who are happy to take my $ without pissing on peoples’ freedoms.

George
George

When I was teenager, my first job was a pizza delivery driver in Oakland , Ca. But being 6’2″ and solidly built, I never got robbed. They hired a female driver and on her second day, she was robbed at gunpoint. It was California, where they don’t let you defend yourself in public. She took my advice and quit. I’m glad that this driver was armed and defended themselves. I’m also glad we have one less repeat offender out there too. Domino’s would lose a lot of business if they fired this driver. To forbid anybody from protecting themselves in… Read more »

Al
Al

If they fire the driver, boycott Domino’s and go by one of their stores and tell the franchise owner why yu are boycotting them. That is the only way to get their attention.

john Carr
john Carr

Exactly how it should end. The crook is graveyard dead, and the Pizza boy is still delivering my pizza. Two XL with everything, Please.

Pepe
Pepe

I worked for domino’s and carried. The owner was an avid gun owner and he was OK with it. When he sold the store, the new owner made me sigh an agreement not to carry while I worked. The store was robbed by a guy with a knife, while I was off. The next day the new owner told me to forget about the agreement I signed. I never stopped carrying anyway.

durabo
durabo
Reply to  Pepe

Good on you, Pepe! Nobody will be aware of our discreet CCW until TSHTF, and then it all will be academic. Better to be judged by twelve (and probably found not guilty) than to be carried by six.

Kenneth
Kenneth
Reply to  Pepe

Its all fun and games until someone pulls a knife and then it’s “Where’s the guy with the CHL”.

hippybiker
hippybiker

Better to be unemployed then dead.

john Carr
john Carr
Reply to  hippybiker

Excellent point.

OPSMAN
OPSMAN

Now that I know that Domino’s prohibits their drivers from being armed, well I will never order from them again unless they change that policy.

Michael
Michael
Reply to  OPSMAN

James.

All of the Do, including Papa John, Pizza Boli’s, Pizza Hut, etc. It’s the cost of Insurance that prevents driver’s from arming…

Linda
Linda

Time to let delivery people arm themselves esp,when its a high crime area. Obama making everywhere hi crime. Tired of innocents being killed. If dominos fires this guy i will never buy dominos again

Michael
Michael
Reply to  Linda

Linda.

As a 19-year employee of Domino’s Pizza, they probably will. Domino’s Pizza Policy Manual, clearly state’s that Domino’s Pizza Employee’s are prohibited from carrying arm’s of any kind. And caught carrying any arms, is subject for immediate termination of employment.

durabo
durabo
Reply to  Michael

I know Rusty will be monitoring this case, and if Domino’s takes any punitive action, he will immediately tell us. Then we gunnies can stage a pizza boycott. Believe me, IT WORKS!