30 brands will be featured in the Made In America product showcase
San Juan Capistrano, CA -(AmmoLand.com)- Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) and Outdoor Retailer announced today that they will again partner to present the Made in America Product Showcase at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2015, held August 5-8, 2015 in Salt Lake City, UT.
The Made in America Product Showcase will feature products from Outdoor Retailer exhibiting brands that manufacture product in the United States.
- Inclusion in the Made in America showcase display, located on the upper concourse near the east entrance to the Salt Palace Convention Center
- Inclusion in the Made In America Product Guide, distributed at the showcase and throughout Outdoor Retailer.
- Advertising placement in the new International Buyers Program (IBP), Exhibitor Interest Directory.
- Inclusion in various OIA digital platforms before, during and after Outdoor Retailer.
- The option to participate in Made in the America product donation fundraiser, benefitting the Outdoor Foundation.
In recognition of the growing interest in U.S. manufacturing, the showcase was launched to share the story of companies who source domestically. The platform has helped raise the profile of domestic manufacturers at Outdoor Retailer, while educating exhibitors, retailers and media about ongoing opportunities within the outdoor industry.
Companies can APPLY NOW to be considered for the program and will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis. The showcase will be located near the east entrance of the Salt Palace Convention Center and will include educational materials about participating companies and their products. There are only 30 spots available, interested brands are encouraged to apply quickly to ensure a spot in the showcase.
“We are excited to again work with Outdoor Retailer to bring the Made in America Showcase back to OR for the third show in a row. Outdoor Retailer is the best venue to highlight Made in the U.S.A. products in the outdoor industry,” said Alex Boian, OIA’s Senior Director of Government Affairs. “OIA’s Made in America Working Group was started six years ago to help support U.S. manufacturing of outdoor products. Together, we’ve made great strides forward in promoting “Made in the U.S.A.” products and helping them be competitive in a global market.”
“The Made in America display case is returning to Outdoor Retailer Summer Market with the latest products that Outdoor manufacturers have committed to produce locally,” said Krista Dill, National Sales Manager. “The support from the OIA and the OIA Made in America working group has allowed Outdoor Retailer to bring this important conversation to life within our industry’s shows and recognize that in a global market some manufacturers are choosing to conduct part or all of their production domestically. The display case also allows retailers who are specifically looking to bring Made in America products into their stores, giving them the opportunity for discovery with a broad assortment of products available to shop at the show.”
- To be included in IBP directory ad, brands must submit to participate in the Made in America Showcase no later than June 24, 2015.
- Gear donation fundraiser participants must submit a 25-word description, donation amount and image of their product by Tuesday, July 7, 2015.
- The final deadline for showcase applications is Tuesday, July 7, 2015. To learn more about the showcase and to apply, CLICK HERE.
- Outdoor Retailer Summer Market will stage August 5-8, 2015 at the Salt Palace, Salt Lake City, Utah. To attend Outdoor Retailer, register online at www.outdoorretailer.com.
Outdoor Industry Association
Based in Boulder, CO, with offices in Washington, D.C., Outdoor Industry Association is the leading trade association for the outdoor industry and the title sponsor of Outdoor Retailer. OIA supports the growth and success of more than 4,000 manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, sales representatives and retailers of outdoor recreation apparel, footwear, equipment and services.
For more information, visit www.outdoorindustry.org or call 303.444.3353.
OIA Made In America Working Group
The OIA Made in America Working Group, which is made up of 175 companies, was established to provide a forum for outdoor companies who manufacture in the United States to connect, share resources and communicate their needs and challenges to OIA. In the past year, the group has discussed such topics as RAMPARTS Legislation, the Federal Trade Commission’s guidelines for “Made in America” labeling, the Berry Amendment and government procurement, databases and resources on U.S. sourcing, and workforce development. Those interested in more information or in joining the Made in America Working Group should email Andrew Pappas at [email protected]
Outdoor Retailer (OR) brings together retailers, manufacturers, industry advocates and media to conduct the business of outdoor recreation through trade shows, product demo events and web-based business solutions. Produced by Emerald Expositions and based in San Juan Capistrano, California, Outdoor Retailer also provides and promotes retailer education, advocacy, responsibility and critical face-to-face business initiatives within the outdoor industry. Consistently named among Trade Show News Network’s 25 fastest-growing trade shows by attendance, Outdoor Retailer connects approximately 50,000 attendees on a semi-annual basis for its Summer and Winter Market shows, and thousands more through its year-round online resources and platforms.
For more information, visit: http://www.outdoorretailer.com.