The new products chambered in this caliber include the 11 Long Range Hunter, 11 Hog Hunter, 16 FCSS, 16 Bear Hunter, 11 Trophy Hunter XP and 16 Trophy Hunter XP. Shipments of these new models are currently being delivered to distributors.
Since its introduction in 2006, the .338 Federal caliber has established itself has an extremely versatile, high-performance big game cartridge. Built on the .308 case and “necked-up” to hold a .338 diameter bullet, this load offers hunters a faster muzzle velocity than the 308 Win. but with a heavier bullet. As a result, the short-action cartridge provides magnum energy for devastating performance on game, without magnum recoil.
Features & Benefits:
- Short-action .338 Federal chambering.
- Higher muzzle velocity than the 308 Win. with a .338 diameter bullet.
- Devastating terminal performance with less felt recoil than typical magnum calibers.
Part No. / Description / MSRP:
- 22450 / 11 Long Range Hunter, .338 Federal / $1,104
- 22455 / 11 Hog Hunter, .338 Federal / $560
- 22453 / 16 FCSS, .338 Federal / $885
- 22454 / 16 Bear Hunter, .338 Federal / $1,035
- 22451 / 11 Trophy Hunter XP, .338 Federal / $612
- 22452 / 16 Trophy Hunter XP, .338 Federal / $740
Savage Arms is a brand of Vista Outdoor Inc., an outdoor sports and recreation company. To learn more about Savage Arms, visit www.savagearms.com.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer in the growing outdoor sports and recreation markets. The company operates in two segments, Shooting Sports and Outdoor Products, and has more than 30 well-recognized brands that provide consumers with a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products in the ammunition, firearms and outdoor accessories categories. Vista Outdoor products are sold at leading retailers and distributors across North America and worldwide. Vista Outdoor is headquartered in Utah and has manufacturing operations and facilities in 10 U.S. States, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Canada along with international sales and sourcing operations in Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Asia.