Sportsman Channel Re-swines “Aporkalypse” Adventures in Marathon Coverage on Saturday, August 22 from 4-8 p.m. ET
“Aporkalypse Reswined” features Brian “Pigman” Quaca, Ted Nugent and others in an evening of programming dedicated to the eradication of feral hogs
DENVER (Ammoland.com) – Sportsman Channel’s Brian “Pigman” Quaca returns on Saturday, August 22 at 4 p.m. ET as the unfiltered host of Aporkalypse Reswined. The exclusive, award-winning programming stunt retraces the high-flying hijinks of Quaca and assorted guests including “Motor City Madman” Ted Nugent during marathon coverage of the popular program that calls attention to the billion dollar problems caused by nuisance animals – feral hogs.
Catch a glimpse of all the action here: http://www.thesportsmanchannel.com/shows/pigman-the-series/.
The battle against feral hogs in the United States begins in Texas. According to the Texas Department of Agriculture, an estimated 2.6 million feral hogs – the largest population in the United States – infest the area. The average litter size is four to six with the capability of producing up to 12 (two litters per year). Feral hogs cause damage in many forms including: the death of livestock and wildlife, indirect destruction of habitat and agriculture commodities, forestry destruction of crops and fields as a result of the rooting and trampling activity associated with foraging for food. According to USA Today, feral hogs cause an estimated $1.5 billion in damages each year.
Marathon coverage begins at 4 p.m. ET with locavore Steven Rinella in the hit series MeatEater. Rinella goes full boar, harvesting and preparing a whole pig, showcasing the many ways in which viewers can use the meat in mouthwatering recipes. In addition to MeatEater, the four hour marathon includes episodes of Razor Dobbs Alive, Skull Bound and Meet the McMillans. Each hog-centric episode is action-packed with entertaining and educational segments.
At 6 p.m. ET viewers will witness legendary Detroit rocker Nugent and Quaca hunting from a helicopter during their mission to eradicate feral pigs. Programming includes a one-hour, two-part special entitled Aporkalypse Next. The special features “Uncle Ted” and “Pigman,” attempting to eliminate destructive swine on a Texas farm. The action-packed line-up concludes with Aparalypse – featuring Pigman in an unprecedented style of hog eradication from amidst the clouds.
“Feral hogs are a devastating problem in Texas,” explained Quaca. “And they are spreading out, wreaking havoc in more regions of the United States. We’ve got a lot of work to do, but I’m convinced that as long as we have programs like Aporkalypse, we’ve got a chance to educate people about the importance of eradication.”
Aporkalypse Reswined Lineup:
- MeatEater – 4:00 p.m. ET: On a spring hunt in Florida, Steven Rinella gets his hands on a wild barred hog and brings him home for an extravagant meal. After the journey back to Brooklyn, Steve and his good friend, Chef Matt Weingarten, cook four dishes made from the hog’s head, skin, trotters, muscle and guts.
- Razor Dobbs Alive – 4:30 p.m. ET: Razor Dobbs fights the heat and the thorn scrub of South Texas to get close to huge European boars with his legendary 10mm automatic handgun. Razor also harvests the biggest boar of his life with his bow and embarks on a hunt with his best friend and animal artist, Jimmy Dieringer.
- Skull Bound – 5:00 p.m. ET: Host Jana Waller heads to South Texas to meet up with Travis Priefert to help combat feral hog infestation on their ranch.
- Meet the McMillans – 5:30 p.m. ET: Country music superstar and The Voice judge Blake Shelton invites Tom to his ranch for a hog hunt.
- Pigman: The Series – 6:00 p.m. ET: Pigman and Ted Nugent join forces with Heli-Hunter in Texas for helicopter hog hunting. An array of firearms come out of their cases as Pigman and Uncle Ted attempt to purge feral pigs from the sky.
- Pigman: The Series – 6:30 p.m. ET: Pigman and Nugent are at it again. Heli-Hunter takes these two in the air with one mission in mind…aporkalypse. With a two-day total of 298 hogs in previous seasons, Pigman and Nugent have their work cut out as they attempt to outdo their previous success in this two-part series.
- Pigman: The Series – 7:00 p.m. ET: After Pigman and Nugent’s experience in the sky at the F E Hill Ranch, Keith and Pigman’s father, Dap, decide to try their hand at helicopter hog hunting. Pigman is chomping at the bit to get back in the air and attempt the first-ever aerial hog hunt with a compound bow.
- Pigman: The Series – 7:30 p.m. ET: Pigman launches another aerial assault on the Texas hog population. In this episode, Pigman is leaving the helicopter in the hangar. Armed with a semi-automatic rifle and his trusty pistol, Pigman straps in and takes to the skies with Jarrod Reynolds in a powered parachute.
About Sportsman Channel: Launched in 2003, Sportsman Channel/Sportsman HD is a television and digital media company fully devoted to honoring a lifestyle that is celebrated by millions of Americans. A division of Outdoor Sportsman Group, Sportsman Channel delivers entertaining and informative programming that showcases outdoor adventure, hunting and fishing, and illustrates it through unique and authentic storytelling. Sportsman Channel embraces the attitude of “Red, Wild & Blue America” – where the American Spirit and Great Outdoors are celebrated in equal measure. Sportsman Channel reaches more than 36 million U.S. television households. Stay connected to Sportsman Channel online at thesportsmanchannel.com, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
To find Sportsman Channel in your area click here.