Arizona -(Ammoland.com)- The Arizona Game and Fish Commission has selected the recipients of its 2015 Commission Awards.
The awards recognize Arizonans who have contributed significantly to the conservation of the state's wildlife, its outdoor heritage, and the mission of the Arizona Game and Fish Department.
The recipients were selected at the Commission’s Sept. 4 meeting in Springerville and will receive their awards at the annual Commission Awards Banquet on Saturday, January 16, 2016, at the Arizona Grand Resort, 8000 S. Arizona Grand Parkway in Phoenix.
The banquet will begin with a social hour and live music at 5 p.m., followed by dinner and the awards presentation at 6 p.m.
The recipients are:
- Award of Excellence: Hildy Angius
- Award of Excellence: Mark Brnovich
- Youth Environmentalist of the Year: KJ Aldridge
- Outdoor Writer of the Year: Margaret Anderson
- Media of the Year: Rosie Romero Jr.
- Conservation Organization of the Year: Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary
- Conservationist of the Year: Steve Clark
- Natural Resource Professional of the Year: Ray Suazo
- Volunteer of the Year: Chad Villamor
- Educator of the Year: Melanie Engstrom
- Mentor of the Year: Richard Williams
- Advocate of the Year – State: David Gowan Sr., Speaker of the House
- Advocate of the Year – Federal: Senator John McCain
- Buck Appleby Hunter Education Instructor of the Year: Pattrick Headington
- Wildlife Habitat Steward of the Year: Spider Ranch
- North American Model Commissioners Award: Carol Lynde
Tickets are $65 per person. To reserve your spot, please use the RSVP form located on the Department website at Arizona Game Commission 2015 Commission Awards