Reporting to the NDA Board of Directors, the President /CEO will be responsible for the overall leadership, strategic direction, staff development and financial integrity of the NDA. The President will be the primary spokesperson for the NDA on matters relating to deer, deer hunting and deer conservation at the local, state and national levels.
- To ensure NDA has a long-term vision and strategic plan to maximize mission delivery.
- To inspire organizations, agencies, and companies to join and support the NDA.
- To preserve deer and deer hunting by providing policy, regulatory and advocacy leadership.
- To represent NDA in a dynamic and professional manner.
- To foster good relationships with all major stakeholders.
- A deep personal commitment to NDA's mission and a passion for deer hunting and conservation.
- 5+ years of management experience at a senior level running an organization, business or agency.
- A bachelor's degree and advanced educational background that supports position and experience.
- Advanced strategic planning, budgeting and staff management skills and experience.
- Advanced written, verbal and technology skills.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to build consensus among diverse stakeholder groups.
- Experience in promotions, marketing, and fundraising.
- Experience and/or training in natural resource or wildlife policy.
- Experience with the shooting, hunting and outdoor industry and natural resource agencies and NGOs.
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications. NDA is prepared to offer an attractive compensation and benefits package with the opportunity for a performance bonus.
Location: This is a remote, home-based position.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Application Process: Interested persons should forward a resume, cover letter, and three references to: NDA CEO Search Committee, C/O Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 160, Bogart, GA 30622 or send electronically to Jill Faulkner, Human Resource Coordinator. To view the CEO job description and for more information on the NDA, go to www.nationaldeeralliance.com.
The NDA is an equal opportunity employer.
The NDA is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization with a mission to serve as the unified voice for wild deer, deer hunting and deer management in the United States. Founding members include: Archery Trade Association, Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies, Mule Deer Foundation, National Shooting Sports Foundation, Quality Deer Management Association, Vista Outdoor and Whitetails Unlimited.
For more information, visit: www.NationalDeerAlliance.com.