Outdoor Sportsman Group Continues Powerful Fall Line-up Featuring Adventures in Hunting, Fishing and Shooting with New Episodes of Leading Outdoor Lifestyle Programming
Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network Put Focus on Adventures and Exceptional Outdoor Lifestyle Experts
DENVER (Ammoland.com) – When it comes to outdoor adventure television, there is nothing like inspiring explorations, bravery in the face of danger, monster whitetails catching a scent and reeling in a fighting giant. Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network’s Fall roll-out will have all of that and more with 577 new episodes and eight new series across all three networks beginning on Monday, September 28.
“Our networks’ fourth quarter programming is a testament to the time of year – hunting season,” said Jim Liberatore, CEO and President of Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks. “Our programming will highlight the adventure, excitement and joy of the season. Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network offer the best outdoor lifestyle content on television and we look forward to presenting our new lineup to our loyal and passionate viewer base that thrives on this content.”
Outdoor Channel, with programming focused on masculine adventure featuring rugged, dangerous and exciting programming, is showcasing two new shows and one returning favorite, as well as 63 new episodes across the network. The network debut of Apex Predator with Remi Warren will teach viewers how to become better hunters by learning directly from nature. In addition, former U.S. Navy deep-sea diver, Robin D. Berg explores the surprising behavior of dangerous sharks in the inaugural season of Blue Water Savages and, more importantly, how human behaviors – when confronted with a shark directly – affect a shark’s behavior. And in keeping with the theme of survival, adventurer, author and survivor Craig DeMartino will bring stories of faith, determination and human spirit on the second season of Fight to Survive.
- Apex Predator (Thursdays at 10:30 p.m. ET): Remi Warren will take viewers into the minds of some of nature’s most predatory animals and give new meaning to the expression “becoming one with nature.”
- Blue Water Savages (Thursdays at 11 p.m. ET): Forty years after the motion picture “Jaws” (1975) instilled a fear of sharks in humans, the layers of sharks’ behaviors are being peeled back revealing fascinating stories.
- Fight to Survive (Saturdays at 2 p.m. ET): Kicking off the series with his own story of survival, host Craig DeMartino, proves the human spirit can do anything when faced with the Fight to Survive.
Sportsman Channel’s lineup – highlighting programming that appeals to the hardcore hunting lifestyle, adventure, travel, food and survival – features the vast passions and interests of outdoor enthusiasts across the country. Hunting is in full swing and the network is responding with more than 300 new episodes in the fourth quarter, including a full slate of episodes dedicated to the No. 1 big game animal in North America – the whitetail deer. A sample of returning favorites with new seasons include: MCMILLAN; though the name has changed, the storyline and hijinks with Tom McMillan, his wife, Jacque, and their team of outfitters who enjoy taking clients out for some serious hunting has not. And when it comes to big deer, there’s only one who takes it to the next level on Big Deer TV with Mike Hanback and Eddie Stevenson. These guys are out to prove they are the best free-range whitetail chasers that exist. The fight to survive has returned with the award-winning series, Dropped: Project Be Alive. But this time, Chris and Casey Keefer are dropped separately with their own team – a father and son duo who were chosen via an extensive video submission process. They are separated by 40 miles of rough terrain with the common goal of surviving for 28 days. Finally, don’t miss the antics of Pigman: The Series as Brian “Pigman” Quaca continues his recovery from a near fatal rollover accident in December. The season continues with Quaca still learning how to shoot his bow and guns with his non-dominant eye and getting back in the field to do what he does best – shankin’ pigs.
- MCMILLAN (Thursdays, 8:30 p.m. ET/PT): Tom and Jacque McMillan have their hands full with a new toddler underfoot and keeping the McMillan outfitting business running as smoothly as ever.
- Big Deer TV (Wednesdays, 10 p.m. ET): No high-fence or otherwise modified deer will grace the screens of Mike Hanback’s Big Deer TV. Join him and his crew as they find the wildest, biggest deer in North America.
- Dropped: Project Be Alive (Thursdays, 8 p.m. ET/PT): Two teams, 28 days and 40 miles of rough terrain begins the newest installment of Chris and Casey Keefer’s “Dropped” series.
- Pigman: The Series (Sundays, 8 p.m. ET): Join Brian “Pigman” Quaca as he re-learns to live life the only way he knows how – by single handedly trying to eradicate the wild pig population.
Whether saltwater or freshwater, a local honey hole or abroad, World Fishing Network has what fishermen and women want with all new episodes of fresh fishing content, including: Larysa Unleashed Gone Fishin.’ Larysa Switlyk travels the world learning how to fish for different species while also competing in worldwide tournaments for Team USA. Hooked will take viewers around the world to experience the most extreme angling ever seen with backbreaking battles between man and fish. British actor and extreme fisherman Robson Green has spent the past five years travelling the globe in search of the most wonderful and unusual fish on the planet for his show Robson Green’s Extreme Fishing Challenge. He's fished with some of the best anglers in the world and has done it all – from catching half-ton sharks in Ascension Island, to the fastest fish on Earth in Costa Rica. And not every fishing show is about catching fish – but also saving them. Saving The Ocean is about real people solving real problems. Watch marine biologists, scientists, conservationists, fishermen and activists hard at work inventing and implementing solutions to help bring fish populations and endangered species back from the brink.
- Larysa Unleashed Gone Fishin’ (Fridays at 7:30 p.m. ET): Sit back and be Larysa Switlyk’s first mate as she takes viewers on a world-wide adventure seeking new fishing challenges and finding elite fishing experts.
- Hooked (Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET): From vicious sharks to massive squid, Hooked will feature intrepid anglers on the hunt for fierce freshwater flesh-eaters and adrenaline-seeking adventurers who thrive on colossal ocean battles.
- Extreme Fishing Challenge (Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET): Competitive fishing at its best, host Robson Green takes viewers on a wonderful and unusual ride finding the greatest anglers in the world and the best unknown fishing spots.
- Saving The Ocean (Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET): The eco-conscious show – Saving the Ocean is a “not-to-be missed” aquatic adventure series.
Other Q4 Highlights include:
- Outdoor Channel
- The Gear Up and Go! Sweepstakes encourage outdoors enthusiasts and adventure-seekers alike to fuel their passion for the outdoors. The campaign runs throughout October and viewers can participate on the website (http://gearupandgo.outdoorchannel.com/) and through social media. Daily prizes include: hunting and adventure gear from Maglite, Irish Setter and Nomad, as well as viewing gear, rifle scopes, bows, GPS products and more. The grand prize is a 2015 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec Camo and Yamaha Inverter EF2000iSH (generator) valued at more than $15,000.
- Additional notable series returning with new episodes in the fourth quarter include: Eastmans’ Hunting TV (Tuesdays, 11 p.m. ET); Deadliest Hunts (Fridays, 11:30 p.m. ET); Stihl’s Reel in the Outdoors with Joe Thomas (Saturdays, 3 p.m. ET); SCI Expedition Safari (Saturdays, 3:30 p.m. ET) and The Choice with Ralph & Vicki (Sundays, 12 p.m. ET).
- Sportsman Channel
- In case viewers don’t have enough big game hunting action this fall, Racksgiving is returning November 24-27 with 16 hours of big buck hunts from the most remote and amazing places on earth.
- Other series returning in the fourth quarter on Sportsman Channel include: Outback Outdoors (Fridays, 10 p.m. ET); Predator Nation (Fridays, 7 p.m. ET); and Tom Gruenwald Outdoors (Sundays, 10:30 a.m. ET).
- World Fishing Network
- World Fishing Network, the leading entertainment destination and digital resource for anglers throughout North America, delivers a four-hour marathon of some of the greatest catches that have appeared on the network with the Great Catch Marathon (September 30, 7-11 p.m. ET). Featured shows comprising the Great Catch Marathon include: The Scott Martin Challenge; Wild Fish Wild Places; Angler West TV; Hookin’ Up with Mariko Izumi; IGFA Anglers Digest and Bass2Billfish, to name a few.
- World Fishing Network offers viewers more of what they love with Tournament Mondays (Mondays, October-November, 7-11 p.m. ET). Every Monday throughout October and November, viewers will get four consecutive hours of tournament programming. From the revolutionary Jack Link’s Major League Fishing to the college ranks, viewers will experience all the excitement and high-intensity challenges that tournament fishing delivers.
- Another new show featured in the Fall will be A Fishing Story – tales from everyday people, athletes, entertainers and more.
About Outdoor Sportsman Group: Outdoor Sportsman Group is comprised of the world’s foremost media and entertainment brands for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. It includes three leading multichannel networks: Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network. The Group also consists of a number of established integrated media assets: 15 outdoor magazines, such as Guns & Ammo, Petersen’s Bowhunting and Florida Sportsman, and 17 top websites, including BassFan.com. Additionally, Outdoor Sportsman Group includes television production operations, Winnercomm, as well as aerial camera businesses, SkyCam and CableCam.