Attacks on Ben Carson Show Sick Gun-grabber Preference for Death

By David Codrea

Dr. Ben Carson
Dr. Ben Carson enraged anti-defense “progressives” by recommending the same last resort actions endorsed by the Department of Homeland Security.
AmmoLand Gun News
AmmoLand Gun News

USA – -(Ammoland.com)- Citizen disarmament zealots are feigning outrage for the media following Republican presidential contender Dr. Ben Carson telling Fox News Tuesday he would probably fight back against a mass shooter, per a report in The Guardian.

To place his comments in context, Carson was responding to being questioned about what he would do if an attacker put a gun in his face and asked him what religion he was.

“I’m glad you asked that question,” Carson answered. “Not only would I probably not cooperate with him, I would not just stand there and let him shoot me. I would say, ‘Hey guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.’”

“I’ve been doing this for 15 years now and those were some of the ugliest comments that I’ve ever heard,” Ladd Everitt of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence bleated when given a chance for some ink. “[Carson] basically blamed the victims for their own deaths.

“His suggesting that if he had been there, he could have taken the shooter down through the power of Christ or somehow, it’s just unbelievable,” Everitt continued “You begin to question this man’s mental health, doing this with a smile on his face and thinking it’s acceptable. I think it shows how insane Republican politics are at this point in history, how totally insane that they would have that man on, and he’s saying these things and then they’re nodding at him.”

A truism I can’t avoid documenting multiple times on a daily basis is that with “progressives,” every day is Opposite Day. So let’s see for ourselves why Everitt calling someone else insane is yet more corroboration of that observation.

First, Carson never blamed the victims. He merely stated what he would “probably” do. To assert otherwise is quite simply a lie. (Yes, Gomer, you can say it now.)

And Carson never said he could take the shooter down with “the power of Christ,” although that little revelation of contempt for faith is instructive for when gun-grabbers suddenly get all pious and exploit “religion” that serves their secular purposes.

Plus Carson never said he would prevail. He acknowledged he might get shot, while observing, correctly, that a killer would not succeed in taking out everyone if multiple defenders swarmed him.

But enough with just opinions. What do self-defense experts, people who actually know what they’re talking about, have to say? Or forget them, because the antis will just find a reason to question their credibility, especially if they're NRA-certified. Let’s go instead to the people CSGV believes should enjoy – what do they call it? – a “monopoly of force.”

Let’s ask the government.

What does the Department of Homeland Security instruct us to do if we can’t run, hide or lock ourselves away from a madman with murder on his mind (and no, of course they won't recommend the most effective option)?

As a last resort, attempt to take the active shooter down. When the shooter is at close range and you cannot flee, your chance of survival is much greater if you try to incapacitate him/her.

Hey wait a minute—that exactly comports with what Carson said, and what Everitt then indignantly whined were some of the ugliest comments he’s ever heard in 15 years of being a professional hoplophobe. But then again, perhaps they pay him because he knows something we don’t. Perhaps he has superior expert credentials that make him qualified to contradict DHS’s advice, and he can share them with us to prove he’s not just spouting an unqualified, incompetent and dangerous opinion?

It’s pretty revealing – not only do these sanctimonious … things not want their countrymen to have the capability of armed defense, they ridicule the concept and the faith of anyone who would presume simply to fight back with whatever means are at hand. That all goes back to their beloved “monopoly of force,” that is, a “monopoly of violence.” And CSGV knows who advocated that, because Executive Director Josh Horwitz wrote a HuffPo piece trying to justify it, citing the philosophical progenitor of the concept, German sociologist and political economist Max Weber. What he didn’t share was that his ideological hero Weber supported approving Article 48 into the Weimar constitution, establishing “emergency powers” to bypass Reichstag consent, and allowing Adolf Hitler's rise to unchallenged power.

It would seem there are uglier things than self-professed Christian Ben Carson saying he would “probably” do the same thing DHS tells us to do as a last resort if the situation ever becomes that desperate.

Much uglier things. Like “progressives” who would rather see you dead than armed, or even just fighting back.

David Codrea in his natural habitat.

About David Codrea:

David Codrea is the winner of multiple journalist awards for investigating / defending the RKBA and a long-time gun rights advocate who defiantly challenges the folly of citizen disarmament.

He blogs at “The War on Guns: Notes from the Resistance,” and also posts on Twitter: @dcodrea and Facebook.

fishunter
fishunter

As a Viet Nam Veteran, I know that a man (or woman) cannot predict how they will react to a situation! I believe that often the big mouthed braggart proves to be the biggest wimp, cowering in his fox hole. Sometimes the quiet unassuming person will rise to the surface and defend all. You cannot predict at all how you will react until you have undergone a “Baptism of Fire”, and even then, you may not react the same every time. I read all these comments and the braggart throws red flags at me. In a given situation, a person… Read more »

Boz
Boz

But…it’s ok when Joe Biden says to just blast through your front door with a shotgun. Nope, no problem there!

JohnC
JohnC

Mark, you are so right. This man Mr. Marintz is a hero, even by Trumps definition.

Hoosier
Hoosier

Male Bovine Excrement

Kurt
Kurt

Sheeple is right and I am afraid it pertains to many of my fellow Christians in this godless age in which we live. When we put on the full armor of God, it is not just for show; sometimes we actually have to fight back and defend ourselves against an attack from the faithless. It is not sinful to defend the lives of loved ones, neighbors, and strangers with violence, it is a duty. Perhaps my 30 years in the Navy turned me into a defensive person, but I believe that I would not go down without a fight, regardless… Read more »

john carr
john carr
Reply to  Kurt

Very well said Kurt. Thanks for your service.

Semper-Fi 1960-1964

Gregory Romeu
Gregory Romeu
Reply to  Kurt

“TRAINED to kill, prepared to die, prefer to live, SEMPER FI!” Well said Kurt!

Mark
Mark

And let’s not forget the one army veteran at Umpqua that was willing to fight back. He held a door shut , blocking the psychopath out of the room. The army vet was shot 7 times as a result, but he continued to hold the door shut to keep the slimeball out of the room. How many lives did the army vet save? He was seriously injured for his decision. But how many innocent people were able to walk away unharmed as a result of this one single heroic action? http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/10/nc-man-tried-to-stop-umpqua-shooter-before-being-hit-5-times/

2War Abn Vet
2War Abn Vet

I’ve wondered why a couple of dozen people, not children but voting-age adults, stood around mindlessly and did nothing, while waiting to be shot. Had they rushed the gunman, only two or three would have been shot before they overpowered the offender and pummeled him into insensibility. Instead, they chose to hit the floor, and wait to be slaughtered, like the good little sheeple they’ve been trained to be.

ExNuke
ExNuke
Reply to  2War Abn Vet

You hit the nail on the head. Zero Tolerance in our schools for years has been programming children to be cooperative victims. “Never fight back.” “You will be punished as much for defending yourself as for attacking someone else.” It is foolish to expect Justice from a system of “Just Us”. Childless Liberal “Education Professionals” have blood on their hands for the results of their experiments with live peoples lives.

Gregory Romeu
Gregory Romeu
Reply to  ExNuke

results in many municipalities across the nation, many of those that defend themselves from home invaders are attacked later by the courts and prosecuted as well as some actually being sued by the perpetrators. Now, how’s THAT for a mountain of sheep dip?

durabo
durabo

Communists and their presstitutes in the LameStream EneMedia want to turn the USA into México, where there is a total prohibition on personally-owned guns. Of course, México is as safe for the resident as Chicago, NYC, DC, the states of New Jersey and Maryland and…wait – why emulate our good neighbor to the south when we have such peaceful oases as those American locations?

K Carberry
K Carberry

So, didn’t those guys who successfully bum rushed a terrorist on that French train get hailed as heroes, even by our State Department, effectively following the same policy Carson was advocating? This Chicken Little is exactly the kind of passenger I would not want blocking my route to self-defense. If he calls heroic self defense “ugly”, no doubt what he finds pretty is the British advice to just freeze, don’t look the perp in the eyes, don’t move or speak, even when the perp takes your wife or child into another room, e.g, act like a deer in the headlights,… Read more »

Mark
Mark

The good doctor got it right. Too bad that the drug-addled mentally ill liberal slimeball at “The Guardian(?)” couldn’t handle it. Maybe “The Guardian” should change it’s name to “The Sniveling Whining Groveling Coward”. There was another liberal slimeball mass murder event that happened in the very recent past – during which 3 Americans (an Oregon National Guard member, an Air Force vet, and a student) along with an actor from Europe – tackled and beat a muzzy terrorist unconscious. That was August 21, 2015. Happened on a train ride in France. All 4 heroes were unarmed and risked their… Read more »

Heyoka
Heyoka

Had a guy stick a .38 Special under my chin years ago. He said “I think I’ll pull the trigger”. I said “Shoot!”. The hammer was down and I knew that the lest little quiver in the gun meant that he was going to complete the pull. Thing is, that was my gun and he was just holding it for me. that was my mind set and I did possess the skills to get him to shoot himself 🙂 I will never go out on my knees. Everyone who does so has given up. I will never give up until… Read more »

Don Bailey
Don Bailey
Reply to  Heyoka

There are those who have the will to live no matter the circumstances and those who don’t know any better.

III%er
III%er

Amat victoria curam.

B Woodman
B Woodman

There is a Latin phrase that’s sometimes tossed around on ThisAin’tHell and a few other sites from time to time, that, loosely translated is, “Any Chair in a Bar Fight”. Seems like a good philosophy to live by, especially when your back is to the wall.

B Woodman
III-per

DavidCodrea
Reply to  B Woodman

Nice to see it being used. Guess who they got it from?

Curly Howard
Curly Howard

I usually don’t resort to name calling and other ad hominems, but the phrase “fecal panty stains” comes to mind.