Covington, VA -(Ammoland.com)- This Tuesday, November 3rd is an important election. Let me highlight how important and why.
Recently we told you about Governor McAuliffe’s outright attack on gun owners, from pushing for gun registration and eventual confiscation via Universal Background Checks to banning the citizens of Virginia from protecting themselves in state agency buildings. He wants control of the Senate to help him expand his gun grabs and we must stop him from achieving that goal.
Michael Bloomberg and other gun haters have funneled over $2,000,000 from outside of the Commonwealth to steal control and hand it over to Second Amendment political enemies, like McAuliffe!
Let me give three geographical areas and four individual races as examples of where this political battle rages right now. The VCDL-PAC has made endorsements in each that help highlight the importance of the election on Tuesday, November 3rd and YOUR PERSONAL role in changing the outcome.
Stated simply, your sweat equity next Tuesday can defeat the millions spent against the Second Amendment.
IN LOUDOUN COUNTY:
Senator Black sponsored the Preemption Law that removed the patchwork of conflicting local gun ordinances. His legislation also allowed for the Nation’s Gun Show at the Dulles Expo Center. Most recently, he introduced a bill for a Lifetime Concealed Carry Permit.
Senator Black’s opponent has made it clear that she applauds Governor McAuliffe’s gun-grabbing Executive Orders. She has accused Senator Black of being “NRA-extreme.” If she thinks the NRA is extreme, you can only imagine what she thinks of our rights!
Senator Black is under attack by his opponent and Mayor Bloomberg’s money. The Governor knows he only needs to pick up one senate seat to gain control and push through his anti-Second Amendment agenda in January. It’s coming unless we stop him.
In response to the outside millions and the anti-gunners big plans to take over the Senate, VCDL-PAC strongly endorsed Senator Dick Black for re-election. Additionally, because of your faithful financial support the PAC was able to give its single biggest contribution in our ENTIRE HISTORY, we backed up our word and endorsement with TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS to help fight the gun banners.
Senator Black’s unwavering support of the Second Amendment has a long track record; now he just needs to win re-election!
In Loudoun County, Delegate David LaRock is also running for re-election.
The VCDL-PAC STRONGLY ENDORSED Republican candidate DAVE LAROCK in Virginia’s 33rd House District!
Gun owners in Northern Virginia’s 33rd House of Delegates District are blessed to have not one, but two pro-gun candidates. Dave LaRock’s survey, combined with his strong voting record and introduction of major pro-gun bills in the House over the last two years, tipped the endorsement his way (a strong survey and a strong voting record trumps someone with just a strong survey).
There are two chambers in Virginia’s system: the House of Delegates and the Senate. The huge money being spent against Loudoun Incumbent Senator Dick Black also impact Loudoun incumbent Delegate David LaRock. If we fail to keep the Senate pro-Second Amendment our only other place left to fight will be the House of Delegates, so now you see how one area fight really impacts two different races. The outcome of each is critical.
IN POWHATAN COUNTY:
We have a tremendous pro-gun opportunity in Powhatan; Bob Marcellus is a VCDL Executive Member with a lengthy record of Second Amendment advocacy. With his election we have the ability to have an offensive political fight, not just defensive. Powhatan County will be a critical experiment in gun owners’ rights; can ‘one of our own’ go from activist to elected?
As a super dedicated, long-time VCDL member and EM, BOB MARCELLUS (R), has stepped up to run for Board of Supervisors, District 2, AND LED WITH GROUNDBREAKING 2A POLICY –– FREE PERMITS with IMMEDIATE TURNAROUND! Hopefully if he wins, we will see this idea sweep the entire Commonwealth of Virginia –– including where you live.
Further, Bob has committed not to fund any “gun-free zones” with taxpayer funds, and BOB MARCELLUS is working hard on an ordinance to replicate the effect of Kennesaw, Georgia’s home defense law, which greatly reduced crime. Those running today for a local office will be the same people perfectly positioned to run as one of our ‘very own’ to take a future seat in the Virginia Senate (as one example).
Of course the VCDL-PAC was delighted to endorse Bob. Not only that we spent PAC dollars to help elect an entire pro-gun slate in that area!
Think of the ripples through the Commonwealth when one of VCDL’s long time activists wins political office – particularly after the anti-gun radicals have dumped in millions of dollars. I guarantee that every anti-gun zealot in the entire state will sit up and take notice.
IN FAIRFAX COUNTY:
In the special election of 2013 for Sheriff the VCDL-PAC identified an up-and-coming anti-Second Amendment threat in the form of the woman running for Sheriff. So bad was the threat that the PAC made its first YouTube video for everyone to see this hypocrite and the threat she posed, see www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Sadly, despite our best efforts and money invested in our first ‘infomercial’, the Second-Amendment-hostile candidate won that Special Election. Now she is up for the regularly scheduled election for Sheriff, a four year term. The VCDL-PAC was delighted to again endorse her strong Pro-Second Amendment opponent, Bryan Wolfe for Sheriff.
Very troubling however is that after our endorsement of Wolfe for Sheriff in this hotly contested race, on October 15th, Sheriff Kincaid ACTUALLY stood up behind Governor McAuliffe, in UNIFORM supporting his extreme anti-gun Executive Orders!
So the battle lines could not be clearer: either Virginia’s largest Sheriff’s office will be leading the charge to strip your fundamental Second Amendment Rights or YOU will use your political power to stop it and elect the VCDL-PAC endorsed candidate to stop them.
CALL TO ACTION:
This pattern of danger and need for action on your part is repeated ALL across this great Commonwealth! What do these examples have in common, this: ONLY YOU and those like YOU can change the outcome on Tuesday, November 3rd, because dollars can’t vote and you can!
So, what can you do? The answer is straight forward:
Volunteer! Each endorsed candidate need workers manning polls, and helping get the vote out –– that’s YOU!
- For Senator Dick Black you can contact:
- [email protected] or call 703-406-2951 to volunteer.
- For Delegate David LaRock:
volunteer or call Josiah at 540-751-8182
- For BOS candidate Bob Marcellus:
- For Sheriff candidate Bryan Wolfe:
- www.wolfeforsheriff.com; 571-477-0883
And its not just these THREE areas or FOUR candidates…you can do the same thing for ANY VCDL-PAC endorsed candidates near you.
For your ease of reference, here is a comprehensive list of EVERY ENDORSEMENT the VCDL-PAC has made for the General Election this Tuesday, November 3rd.
Please find those in your district and volunteer and vote for them –– or, for those close to you –– volunteer to work a poll on election day or help Get Out the Vote!
VOTE TUESDAY, NOV 3rd
Be sure to vote on Tuesday, November 3rd and after you vote MAKE SURE YOU TAKE, OR INFLUENCE, 3 OTHER PEOPLE TO VOTE TOO! Drive folks if you must, be sure you personally influence at least three other people to vote and vote the CORRECT way. They need you to lead.
Voter turnout may be at AN ALL TIME LOW THIS ELECTION, here is YOUR chance to make a real IMPACT! This is an impact the Anti’s millions of dollars CAN NOT buy.
VOLUNTEER ON ELECTION DAY
It is important to provide voters with information on their way into the polls. Many voters show up on Election Day to vote for only one or two candidates or a single issue, but they don’t know anything about the other candidates. If you are able to help pass out literature and talk 1:1 to voters heading into to vote, it can make a HUGE impact!
This election will decide whether or not our Second Amendment rights are protected or if Mayor Bloomberg and his money will dictate our gun laws in Virginia.
VCDL-PAC 2015 LOCAL ENDORSEMENTS:
FREDERICK COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
- Black Creek VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican GARY LOFTON!
- Gainesboro VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican ROBERT HESS!
JAMES CITY COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
- Stonehouse District VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican SUE SADLER!
ROANOKE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
- Cave Springs District VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican GEORGE ASSAID!
GRAYSON COUNTY COURT CLERK
- VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Democrat BOBBY WILLIAMS!
STAFFORD COUNTY COURT CLERK
- VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican KATHY STERNE!
AMHERST COUNTY SHERIFF
- VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Independent JEFF ROWE!
FAIRFAX COUNTY SHERIFF
- VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican BRYAN WOLFE! https://www.youtube.com/watch?
NELSON COUNTY SHERIFF
- VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican MIKE THOMPSON!
In the races for GOOCHLAND COUNTY CLERK and AUGUSTA COUNTY SHERIFF, we find it hard to endorse one candidate over the other. In GOOCHLAND, both Keith Flannigan (R) and Dale Agnew (I) answered the Survey “Very Pro-Gun”. In AUGUSTA COUNTY, both Neil Kester (I) and Todd Lloyd (I) answered the Survey “Very Pro-Gun”. My thanks to Mr. Kester for getting his survey in early, and for following up with a phone call.
VCDL-PAC 2015 POWHATAN COUNTY ENDORSEMENTS:
POWHATAN COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS:
- District 1 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Supervisor DAVID WILLIAMS!
- District 2 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican candidate BOB MARCELLUS!
- District 3 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Supervisor BARRY HODGE!
- District 4 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican candidate DAVID BAILEY!
- District 5 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican candidate TIM GRESHAM!
POWHATAN COUNTY SHERIFF: VCDL-PAC ENDORSES BRAD NUNNALLY!
POWHATAN COUNTY CLERK OF COURT: VCDL-PAC ENDORSES THERESA DOBBINS!
VCDL-PAC joins VCDL in thanking candidates Greg Rice (L) and Charlie Bennett (L) for returning strongly pro-gun surveys. They deserve an “honorable mention.” As noted, VCDL-PAC considers factors like commitments to cutting-edge policies. Current District 5 Supervisor Carson Tucker’s FAILURE to return his survey most likely indicates indifference, if not outright hostility toward Powhatan’s gun owners.
VCDL-PAC 2015 HOUSE ENDORSEMENTS:
- District 06 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Delegate JEFF CAMPBELL!
- District 09 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Delegate CHARLES POINDEXTER!
- District 13 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Delegate BOB MARSHALL!
- District 20 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Libertarian candidate WILL HAMMER!
- District 24 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Delegate BEN CLINE!
- District 26 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Delegate TONY WILT!
- District 29 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican candidate CHRIS COLLINS!
- District 30 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican candidate NICK FREITAS!
- District 33 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Delegate DAVID LAROCK!
- District 43 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican candidate ANNA URMAN!
- District 46 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Independent candidate ANDREW BAKKER!
- District 65 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Delegate LEE WARE!
- District 87 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Libertarian candidate BRIAN SUOJANEN!
- District 88 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Delegate MARK COLE!
- District 97 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Independent candidate NATHAN COX!
VCDL-PAC 2015 SENATE ENDORSEMENTS:
- District 01 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican candidate MARK MATNEY!
- District 11 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican candidate AMANDA CHASE!
- District 13 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Senator DICK BLACK!
- District 15 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Senator FRANK RUFF!
- District 17 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Senator BRYCE REEVES!
- District 19 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Independent candidate STEVEN NELSON!
- District 20 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Senator BILL STANLEY!
- District 24 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Senator EMMETT HANGAR!
- District 26 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Senator MARK OBENSHAIN!
- District 33 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican candidate STEPHEN HOLLINGSHEAD!
- District 37 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican candidate DAVID BERGMAN!
- District 38 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Senator BEN CHAFIN!
- District 40 VCDL-PAC ENDORSES Republican Senator BILL CARRICO!
Don’t know which district you are in? You can find out at:
virginiageneralassembly.gov/ (Put your address in the upper right hand corner of the screen.)
Folks, your VCDL-PAC can make endorsements and spend money wisely, but in the end it ALL COMES DOWN TO YOU –– use these last days and moments and make sure you have a BIG impact on election day, Tuesday, November 3rd. Polls are open from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
It is time to ROLL, now it is ALL IN YOUR HANDS!
About Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL):
Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.
For more information, visit: www.vcdl.org.