Hagerstown, MD -(AmmoLand.com)- Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry (FHFH), in partnership with Ram Trucks, has launched the multimedia #RAMHuntsHunger campaign to raise awareness about hunger in America and, more importantly, how hunters can help.
Since its inception in 1997, FHFH has provided more than 17 million servings of donated venison and livestock to people in need across the United States. And 2015 year-to-date totals already tally more than 75,400 servings of donated meat—mostly from hunters—to the hungry.
“We are thrilled to partner with Ram Trucks in this campaign to raise much-needed awareness for the cause and encourage participation by hunters nationwide with FHFH and other groups that share our mission,” said Josh Wilson, FHFH Executive Director. “This campaign will result in the donation of nutritious meat for thousands of additional meals for the hungry across America!”
To help FHFH extend its reach and amplify its mission, Ram Trucks is using its resources and dedication to the outdoors lifestyle to spread the word by launching a multimedia campaign across print, television and social media platforms.
“Some of Ram’s most passionate fans are huge hunting enthusiasts,” said Bob Hegbloom, Head of Ram Brand, FCA – North America. “Truck owners and outdoor enthusiasts are always willing to lend a helping hand, which is why Ram is heightening awareness of one of the ways they can give back to their local communities this time of year.”
The ads were created in partnership with Dallas-based The Richards Group.
How The FHFH Mission Works
- Farmers and hunters: Hunters in some parts of the country are able to harvest more deer than they can eat or share with their friends and family. In addition, farmers are issued management permits to reduce deer numbers that are damaging their crop yields. Some also have livestock they are willing to donate.
- Meat processors: Farmers and hunters are invited to donate their deer, other big game or livestock to inspected, approved meat processors that participate with FHFH. Individuals, businesses, churches, clubs and foundations make contributions to FHFH to help cover the costs of processing, packaging and freezing the meat.
- Food banks and feeding ministries: This nutritious, low-fat, high-protein meat is then given community agencies such as church pantries, church feeding ministries, the Salvation Army, community food banks, emergency assistance programs, Rescue Missions and children's homes to distribute or serve to their clients.
How You Can Help
- Click here to donate financially (tax deductible) to FHFH.
- To donate venison or livestock,click here to find a participating meat processor in your state.
- To find out how your corporation or organization can become a Partner with FHFH, call (301) 739-3000 or e-mail [email protected].
- If you wish to volunteer your time working for FHFH, please call us at (301) 739-3000 or email us at [email protected].
About Farmers And Hunters Feeding The Hungry:
Inspired by a passion for the outdoors and compassion for the needy, Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry (FHFH) is committed to addressing America's hunger problem in a unique and relevant way. Established in 1997, FHFH enables hunters and farmers in states nationwide to provide nutritious meat to feed the hungry of their communities.
For more information, visit: www.fhfh.org.