By Ashley Brugnone, CMP Writer
Camp Perry, OH -(AmmoLand.com)- A total of 7,483 young marksmen participated in the 2015-2016 JROTC Postal match, with the top shooters and teams in each branch earning an invitation to the JROTC Regional Service Championships, to be held in Provo, UT; Anniston, AL; and Camp Perry, OH.
A list of invited teams and individuals are listed on CMP’s website, by service, at http://thecmp.org/air/jrotc-air-rifle-national-championship/. Full postal results are listed on the CMP website at https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.php?do=match&task=edit&tab=results&match=13393.
The road to the JROTC Three-Position Air Rifle National Championship began in late September, when the Postal Competition opened. Cadets from Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force JROTC programs submitted targets to the CMP to be scored and compared against top junior shooters from around the country.
To compete, registered participants received three targets and instructions for recording scores. Participants fired in each of the three positions (prone, standing, kneeling) at their home ranges – using one target for each position. Once record shots were fired, shooters returned the targets to CMP for scoring.
The Top 3 Individual and Team Scores for the JROTC Postal Competition are listed below:
- Alexander Eikelenboom, 17, of Lebanon High School, OR – 283-18x
- Landon Nelson, 16, of Henderson County High School, KY – 283-8x
- Owen Goad, 16, of Chatham High School, VA – 279-10x
- Lebanon High School, Oregon – 1096-47x
- Ozark High School, Missouri – 1081-27x
- Bradley Central High School, Tennessee – 1061-27x
- Belle Toney, 17, of Piedra Vista High School, NM – 292-19x
- Melissa Espinoza, 16, of Del Valle High School, TX – 291-17x
- Sabrina Keenan, 18, of Walla Walla High School, WA – 290-17x
- Samantha Bakaysa, 17, of Theodore Roosevelt High School, TX – 290-17x
- Walla Walla High School, Washington – 1154-58x
- Del Valle High School, Texas – 1151-56x
- Sarasota Military Academy, Florida – 1145-57x
- Levi Carlson, 17, of Nation Ford High School, SC – 279-9x
- Marcus Stallings, 17, of Nation Ford High School, SC – 278-10x
- Gerardo Salinas, 15, of Des Moines North High School, IA – 278-10x
- Nation Ford High School, South Carolina – 1106-35x
- Gulfport High School, Mississippi – 1091-31x
- Des Moines North High School, Iowa – 1084-30x
- Nate Peterson, 16, of East Coweta High School, GA – 296-23x
- Bailey Powell, 18, of Atrisco Heritage Academy High School, NM – 295-19x
- Caleb Moxley, 17, of Dallastown High School, PA – 294-19x
- La Cueva High School, New Mexico – 1158-69x
- East Coweta High School, Georgia – 1156-70x
- Dallastown High School, Pennsylvania – 1156-61x
- Marcos Vargas, 18, of Southwest High School, TX – 282-16x
- David Arnot, 17, of Highland High School, NM – 280-10x
- Howard Norrish, 17, of Zion-Benton High School, IL – 279-11x
- Zion-Benton High School, Illinois – 1098-37x
- Middletown High School, New York – 1088-30x
- Turlock High School, California – 1087-40x
- Joanna O’Neill, 18, of Los Alamos High School, NM – 295-21x
- Amy Delgado, 17, of Gainesville City High School, GA – 292-19x
- Samantha Miller, 16, of Los Alamos High School, NM – 291-17x
- Los Alamos High School, New Mexico – 1159-66x
- Joshua High School, Texas – 1153-53x
- Manzano High School, New Mexico – 1142-56x
- Ian Wilson, 16, of Franklin County High School, VA – 279-11x
- Cameron Scholl, 18, of Volcano Vista High School, NM – 274-9x
- Matthew Moore, 16, of South Panola High School, MS – 273-7x
- Franklin County High School, Virginia – 1089-32x
- Volcano Vista High School, New Mexico – 1073-29x
- South Panola High School, Mississippi – 1071-26x
- Mary Pratt, 18, of Monroe Area High School, GA – 293-21x
- Brittany Carter, 18, of Franklin County High School, VA – 293-20x
- Ashley Stacy, 15, of Monroe Area High School, GA – 289-18x
- Kaiserslautern High School, Germany – 2259-37x
- Franklin County High School, Virginia – 1705-77x
- Monroe Area High School, Georgia – 1669-73x
Dates for the Regional Service Championships are:
Feb 12-14, 2015 – Anniston, AL (USMC & Navy); Provo, UT (All services)
Feb. 18-20, 2015 – Camp Perry, OH (All services); Anniston, AL (Army & Air Force)
The National JROTC Championship will be held March 17–19 at the South Competition Center in Anniston, AL, for all services.
Larry and Brenda Potterfield will again provide incredible donations to the JROTC Championships through the MidwayUSA Foundation. The MidwayUSA Foundation is a public charity that helps communities and organizations raise funds to support their youth shooting teams and activities.
For Regional registration forms and more information, visit the CMP website at http://thecmp.org/air/jrotc-air-rifle-national-championship/.
For more information about the CMP and its programs, log onto www.TheCMP.org for more information and program descriptions.
About The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP):
The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) is a national organization dedicated to training and educating U. S. citizens in responsible uses of firearms and airguns through gun safety training, marksmanship training and competitions. The CMP is a federally chartered 501(c)(3) corporation that places its highest priority on serving youth through gun safety and marksmanship activities that encourage personal growth and build life skills.
For more information, please visit www.TheCMP.org.