A NEW BREED IS BORN
Madison Heights, MI -(AmmoLand.com)- BROWE, Inc., a manufacturer of premium-quality optical systems, has set a new standard in quality, performance and functionality with the introduction of its new 4×32 BROWE Tactical Optic (BTO) combined with the RS Products AK-300 side plate adapter mount for Kalashnikov-pattern firearms.
Powerful and reliable, the Kalashnikov (AK-47) is one of the most popular weapons platforms in the world. It’s carried by the armies and Special Forces of more than 80 countries. In practically any theater of insurgency or guerrilla combat, some form of AK-47 will be found.
Over the past few years, a strong and growing market for Kalashnikov accessories has emerged. The BROWE and RS Regulate optic-mount combination gives discerning operators the ability to attach a state-of-the-art, premium-quality, low-profile optical system to a proven workhorse.
“RS Regulate has excellent reputation for AK-47 mounts. A couple of years ago we started kicking around ideas about combining an ultra low-profile RS Regulate mount with a 4×32 BROWE optic,” said Brian Browe, president of BROWE, Inc. “This project gave us the opportunity to take a fresh look at the machining of our 7075-T6 forged housing. We ultimately produced a low-profile mounting surface that was specifically designed for the RS Regulate AK-300 mounting system. We call it the BTO-005G-RS.”
The AK-300 is the world’s first modular side rail system. Based on RS Regulate's highly successful and exceptionally durable proprietary technology, the AK-300 system allows a user to adjust the position of an optic not only directly over the bore, but also front-to-back. The AK-300 system also features a titanium-based, lowprofile lock system that does not protrude from the mount or into the trigger guard area.
The 4×32 BTO continues the heritage of BROWE's evolutionary patented technology and includes features such as:
- Target Light Sensor Technology – A cadmium-sulfide photocell located in the optical path that measures the light transmission and automatically adjusts the reticle's illumination to the proper brightness. When in a stationary position, an operator may be faced with a multitude of target light conditions even though the ambient light stays consistent. Also, while on the move, environmental light is constantly changing. The Target Light Sensor Technology simplifies the operation and allows the operator to focus on the job at hand. Simple. Intuitive. Effective.
- Single Intuitive Control (SIC) – Gives the user a single operation button, designed to stimulate muscle memory and expedite operation.
- BCO Microcontroller – Unique to the industry, the microcontroller is capable of being re-flashed with customized or updated operating firmware via a sealed utility port. This port can be used to import or export power for accessories or plug in a remote pressure pad switch for manual operation.
- Smart Electronics – The electronics are designed to conserve battery life by placing the optic into sleep mode when the optic has be left on or stored and not in use. The BTO has an average battery life of over 2,000 hours and 775 hours at the max setting. In sleep mode, the battery will maintain the full 10 years shelf life expectancy of a Lithium 123A battery.
The 4×32 BTO also combines best-in-class features such as high-quality optical glass, high-precision machining, and rugged military design. All lenses are precision ground of the finest quality optical glass available and are broad band anti-reflective coated, possessing excellent light-gathering capabilities.
Specifications for the 4×32 BTO-RS:
- Model #: BTO-005G-RS
- Magnification: 4x
- Entrance Pupil: 32mm
- Exit Pupil: 8mm
- Eye Relief: 37mm
- Length: 132mm nominal
- Width: 67mm nominal
- Weight: 18.8 oz. (533g) w/ AK-300 mount and battery
- Field of view: 7°
- Adjustment per click: .5 MOA
- Adjustment: Internally Adjustable Prism – 60 MOA total adjustment range
- Ballistic Compensated Reticle patterns: 7.62 x 39mm Chevron
- Illumination Color Day/Night: Green
- Illumination control – Automatic: Target Light Sensor Technology adjust illumination based on target light
- Illumination control – Manual: 10 days settings and 3 night vision
- Battery Usage Life: 2000 hrs. Typ. (Min. 775 hrs. on max brightness)
- Housing Material: 7075-T6 Forged Aluminum Alloy
- Mount: The AK-300 mount system from RS Products LLC
- Rifles: All Russian and Bulgarian pattern (AKM, VEPR, Saiga, SLR, SGL, SAM7, WASR)
- Note: other mounting options available, inquire at [email protected]
- Waterproof: 42m / 130ft.
- Fog proof: Filled with dry nitrogen
- Lens Coatings: Broad Band Anti-Reflective Coatings
- Origin: MADE IN THE USA
- MSRP: $1,465.00
About BROWE, Inc.:
Based in Madison Heights, Mich., BROWE, Inc. is a manufacturer of premium quality optical systems. Founded in
2009, BROWE produces optical solutions for defense, industrial, and commercial applications. The company
designs, sources and manufactures its products in the U.S. with sales worldwide, including Europe, Middle East,
Asia, and Canada.
For more information on 4×32 BROWE Tactical Optic or other BROWE products, please visit: www.browe-inc.com.