Marlborough, MA -(AmmoLand.com)- In 1976, as the U.S. celebrated its Bicentennial, a Massachusetts company began manufacturing diamond sharpeners in a facility 30 miles west of Boston.
While it may not have been “the shot heard ’round the world,” DMT did indeed start its own revolution, and changed the face of sharpening forever.
Over the next four decades, the company built its reputation as the worldwide leader by innovating and producing the highest quality knife and tool sharpeners available—reliable, durable and recognizable through their iconic polka dot design.
One hundred percent of DMT’s sharpeners are Made in the USA, because quality is DMT’s most important differentiator. And, American ingenuity is just as big a part of the DMT story. The company holds more than 10 patents and has introduced more than 125 new products, including 10 in the past five years alone—a testament to the manufacturer’s tradition and spirit of innovation.
“We have thrived and grown worldwide by sticking to tried and true principles—superior product Made in the USA, backed by friendly customer service and delivered by people who care about their customers,” said Mark Brandon, President of DMT.
Today, DMT products are sold in dozens of countries from Canada to Australia. In recognition of its contributions to the expansion of U.S. exports, DMT received a 2014 President’s “E” Award for Exports and an Associated Industries of Massachusetts International Business Council (AIM-IBC) 2012 Global Trade Award.
A small sampling of milestones & achievements throughout DMT’s history:
- Introduced more than 125 products, including 10 in the past 5 years alone
- Granted more than 10 patents
- Exported to nearly 50 countries
- Received 20 U.S. and international awards, including:
- 2014 President’s “E” Award for Exports
- 2013 North American Retail Hardware Association (NRHA) Packaging Gold Award; Double-Sided Diafold
- 2009 HANDY Innovation Award; Diamond Wave
- 1998 Blade Accessory of the Year Award; Double-Sided Diafold
- “We use DMT crystal saver every day in our manufacturing optical lab. The quality of their tools is invaluable to our business. Thanks for making such great products!”
– Dr. Mark R. Hanson, Insight Vision; Arlington, TX
- “DMT sharpeners have been a great add to my tool set and are very much worth the investment. If I were starting again, I would make my initial investment in their quality sharpening tools from the start. You will buy them eventually. Why not buy them first?”
– Wally, woodworking hobbyist for nearly 20 years; Loudonville, NY
- “Kevin Frost is a world champion visually and hearing impaired speed skater. I continue to push his limits even as his vision diminishes, because I am sure his skate blades are absolutely pristine. And I know this because, for over 15 years, I have used DMT products to sharpen the blades. DMT diamond stones give me the utmost confidence that Kevin can glide smoothly and safely across the ice. Trust DMT. Kevin and I sure do.”
– Mike Rivet, speed skating coach; Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- “As a professional gear reviewer, I get to test the majority of products on the market. DMT does a great job of manufacturing the highest quality products. From better dispersion of their more consistent diamonds, to having the flattest sharpeners available, each stroke of your blade across a DMT sharpener delivers optimum performance.”
– Dan Kidder, Managing Editor, Sportsman’s News Magazine
Prized by woodworkers, gardeners, chefs and home cooks, outdoor enthusiasts, and knife collectors alike, DMT’s American-Made diamond sharpeners reflect a long-term commitment to excellence the world over.
About DMT Diamond Machining Technology:
DMT was founded in 1976 and manufactures a full line of diamond sharpening tools for use in woodworking, camping, fishing, hunting, outdoor and winter sports, culinary arts, gardening, police/security and industrial applications. The company has earned countless awards, including a HANDY Innovation Award; Seals of Approval from the North American Hunting Club, the National Home Gardening Club, the Handyman Club of America and the Cooking Club of America; seven Blade Magazine Knife Accessory of the Year Awards and an international award for innovation at Germany’s International Hardware Fair. All DMT sharpeners are proudly Made in the USA. Visit www.dmtsharp.com for more information and purchasing, or call Customer Service at 800-666-4368.
Click here to access DMT’s Full-Line Product Catalog.