Star-Studded Ceremony Included Appearances by GOP Presidential Frontrunner Donald Trump, Willie Robertson, John Fogerty, Taya Kyle, Eva Shockey, Kristi Lee Cook & More
The ceremony took place during the National Shooting Sports Foundation’s (NSSF) annual Shooting, Hunting, and Outdoor Trade Show (SHOT Show) and Conference in Las Vegas. The show was streamed live online and viewers were able to follow along through the networks’ respective social media platforms using the hashtag #OutdoorSportsmanAwards.
The awards show began with an introduction by Jim Liberatore, Outdoor Sportsman Group – Networks President and CEO, who then set the stage for a special appearance by GOP presidential frontrunner and business magnate Donald Trump.
The night included performances by Rock and Roll Hall of Famer John Fogerty, former lead singer for Creedence Clearwater Revival, and Kristy Lee Cook, former American Idol finalist and co-star of Sportsman Channel’s The Most Wanted List.
Many guest presenters were on hand to give out awards as well: Taya Kyle, wife of late U.S. Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, the most prolific sniper in American history and frequent Outdoor Channel guest star; Krissy Wejebe, daughter of late legendary angler and Spanish Fly star Jose Wejebe; Willie Robertson, star of Duck Dynasty and Buck Commander protected by Under Armour on Outdoor Channel; Eva Shockey co-star of Outdoor Channel’s Jim Shockey’s Hunting Adventures; Louie Tuminaro, host of Outdoor Channel’s The Gunfather presented by Brownells; Jana Waller, star of Sportsman Channel’s Skull Bound TV; David and Karin Holder of Outdoor Channel’s Raised Hunting; National Rifle Association Vice President Pete Brownell; and Bass Pro Shops Director of Conservation Rob Keck.
In total, 17 Outdoor Sportsman Awards were presented during the ceremony. Two were awarded for the Fan Favorite Host(s) category, one going to Michael Waddell, Travis “T-Bone” Turner and Nick Mundt, the stars of Outdoor Channel’s Michael Waddell’s Bone Collector, and the other going to Tim Wells of Sportsman Channel’s Relentless Pursuit.
Outdoor Sportsman Awards went to the following winners:
- Best Overall: Trev Gowdy’s Monster Fish
- Best New Series – Outdoor Channel: GunnyTime with R. Lee Ermey
- Best New Series – Sportsman Channel: Huntin’ Fool
- Best Deer Hunting: Crush with Lee & Tiffany
- Best Big Game: Driven with Pat & Nicole
- Best Bird Hunting: Arrow Affliction presented by Mossy Oak
- Best Fishing: Trev Gowdy’s Monster Fish
- Best Shooting Sports: NRA All Access
- Best General Interest: MidwayUSA’s Gun Stories
- Best Comedy: The Reluctant Outdoorsman
- Best Commercial: Minn Kota – Ulterra
- Best Graphics: Drury’s THIRTEEN
- Best Show Open: Bow Madness
- Best Sound Design: Arrow Affliction presented by Mossy Oak
- Best Videography: Hunt Masters
- Fan Favorite Host(s) – Outdoor Channel: Michael Waddell, Travis “T-Bone” Turner and Nick Mundt – Michael Waddell’s Bone Collector
- Fan Favorite Host(s) – Sportsman Channel: Tim Wells – Relentless Pursuit
The Outdoor Sportsman Awards took place inside The Venetian Theatre at The Venetian Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The ceremony was held on Thursday, January 21 from 8-11 p.m. PT.
About Outdoor Sportsman Group:
Outdoor Sportsman Group is comprised of the world’s foremost media and entertainment brands for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. It includes three leading multichannel networks: Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network. The Group also consists of a number of established integrated media assets: 15 outdoor magazines, such as Guns & Ammo, Petersen’s Bowhunting and Florida Sportsman, and 17 top websites, including BassFan.com. Additionally, Outdoor Sportsman Group includes television production operations, Winnercomm, as well as aerial camera businesses, SkyCam and CableCam.