Las Vegas, NV -(AmmoLand.com)- This year, SHOT Show is proud to present its first-ever Meet & Mingle social event presented for and by the women of the shooting, hunting and outdoor industries.
Hosted by the Bonnier Sportsmen’s Lounge, the Meet & Mingle will provide a place where women who work in the industry can network. Remington Outdoor Company is sponsoring light refreshments.
“There has been a major increase in the number of women enthusiastically participating in outdoor sports during the last decade or so,” said Barbara Baird, Publisher, Women’s Outdoor News and Contributing Editor, SHOT Daily and SHOT Business. “We are thrilled to host a gathering where women in the industry can meet, network and compare notes. So often the colleagues whom we collaborate with on a daily basis are just names on the other side of an email, so we’re delighted to take advantage of the fact that so many of us will be in the same place at the same time.”
Participants are encouraged to bring business cards for inclusion in a directory, which event coordinators will be compiling and making available to attendees.
The event will be held on Thursday January 21st from 4PM to 6PM in the Bonnier Sportsmen’s Lounge: Level 3, San Polo 3501. All women attending SHOT Show 2016 are invited to drop in.
The Meet & Mingle extends special thanks to volunteers that will be greeting participants as they arrive and facilitating conversation. They include:
- Gabby Franco – Professional shooter, Remington Outdoor Company
- Mia Anstine – Outdoor writer; blogger, MAC Outdoors
- Barbara Baird – Publisher, Women’s Outdoor News; Contributing Editor, SHOT Daily and SHOT Business
- Marie D’Amico – Pro staff, Kahr Arms; Legal Force LLC
- Natalie Foster – Blogger, Girls Guide to Guns; host, Love at First Shot
- Lucretia Free – Publisher, The American Woman Shooter
- Julie Golob – Captain, Team Smith & Wesson; professional competition shooter
- Celia Grimes – Director of Marketing, LaserMax, Inc.
- Vera Koo – Professional competition shooter
- Lea Leggitt – Intern, Women’s Outdoor News
- Anne Mauro – Coach, Univ. of Maryland Trap & Skeet team; former VP of Syren USA
- Jennifer Pearsall – Public Relations, National Shooting Sports Foundation
- Judy Rhodes – Founder, DIVA WOW women’s shooting mentorship and support organization
- Cheryl Todd – Host, Gun Freedom Radio
For more information or to participate, contact Barbara Baird: [email protected]
About The WON:
Featuring news, reviews and stories about women who shoot, hunt, fish and enjoy adventure through the eyes of talented female columnists, reviewers, photographers and correspondents, Women’s Outdoor News is your online resource for women in the outdoors. Read about influential women in the outdoor industry, learn about shooting sports and follow women who are passionate about hunting, fishing and pursuing adventure outdoors.