GM Worker Says He Was Fired After Drawing Gun to Save Stabbing Victim

By AWR Hawkins

General Motors
GM Worker Says He Was Fired After Drawing Gun to Save Stabbing Victim
AmmoLand Gun News
AmmoLand Gun News

Washington DC – -(Ammoland.com)- A General Motors Technical Center employee says he was fired after drawing his gun to stop a stabbing and save a woman’s life on February 10.

The GM Tech Center is located in Warren, Michigan.

According to Fox 2, the employee–Didarul Sarder, a SP+ Valet Supervisor–has a concealed pistol license and intervened after seeing one woman repeatedly stabbing another woman in the neck and abdomen outside the Tech Center.

The suspect in the stabbing is “a 32-year-old woman” who came to visit 52-year-old Stephanie Kerr. Police say the two “argued in the lobby, then went outside where the suspect pulled a knife, stabbing [Kerr] multiple times in the neck, back and abdomen.”

Sarder said, “[Kerr] kept saying ‘I’m dying, someone help’ and it was just natural reaction. I just see this lady getting stabbed. I only had like half a second to think and I un-holstered my firearm and pointed it at her to drop the knife.”

He said a member of the GM team immediately scolded him for having a “firearm on property.” He says he was fired “then escorted off the property.” Sarder works for a company contracted by GM and said he had never been informed of a “no gun policy.”

For their part, GM says they did not request the employee to be fired, but will not say more than that at this time “because this is an ongoing investigation.”

Sarder said if he would react the same way if given the chance to do it over again. He said he would take saving a woman’s life over a job because he can “always get another job.”

AWR Hawkins is the Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins.

1911 Follower
1911 Follower

I wonder how many gun owner-tax payers bailed their ass out a couple years ago, and they treat the same like this. This country is going to hell fast, when you protect a potential murder by penalizing the the victims protector! And I won’t buy another GM product.

5WarVeteran
5WarVeteran

Hmmmm.
Well now Toyota has my business from now on.
Screw GM
Yes I will punish an entire industry for the stupidity of their leadership.

Steve Gwilt
Steve Gwilt

I won’t be buying liberal, anti-2A, GM cars anymore!

Chuck
Chuck

GM is a left wing bag of monkey crap and I refuse to trade with them. This incident is typical of what I expect of these yaps.

BillyM
BillyM

GM needs to step up and help this guy. I would have done the same thing, helping someone being attacked. I would persue legal action for improper dismissal and try to get a jury to help make the decision. He, Didarul Sarder, did a good thing and seems to have a good attitude.

Joseph Gomez
Joseph Gomez

GM did take government money and now they’re shipping jobs overseas. What good did it do to give GM taxpayer money. The government has no business giving money to companies that are about too fail. Let nature’s take it’s course. In the end, the taxpayers take it in the rear end. Soon Gm will partner with Hyundai and move headquarters to Korea taking even more jobs and us dollars with it. When will the voters wake up and stop electing people like Obummer. I applaud the CCW holder for his swift thought and action and hope the anti- gun crowd… Read more »

Janek
Janek

What other Politically Correct prohibitions can be found in the Government Motors Employee Handbook?

NutherChans
NutherChans

EEEEEKKKKKK !!!!!!
He just saved a life using that most evil of all weapons, a GUN !!!
I’m pretty sure Stephanie Kerr would insist on her savior being fired.

Harry in Ohio
Harry in Ohio

Taking money from the government never comes without strings. Gun owners – flood GM with emails and calls. Let them see how their actions can affect their bottom line. It’s the best weapon we have. Corporation executives live and die on profits. If you are a regular GM customer, go to your local dealer and let them know your concerns about this action and question if you will be able to continue to support GM with your future purchases. In America today, the pen may be mightier that the sword, but dollars are mightier than pens. It’s sorta like a… Read more »

Kevin C
Kevin C
2nd Amender
2nd Amender

truth be told, I WAS a devoted GM guy since back in the 70’s with my pickups, and then SUV. I even had a custom GMC van, until I fond it was useless in wet conditions, i.e. it got stuck on wet grass. Went right back to a 4 x suv.

but, the subject her is I now drive an Audi Q5 (after researching all like vehicles) because of GM and union collective mentality which showed distinct political motivation in electing mr obama.

the individual acted in an a righteous manner…….GM, again, did not.

durabo
durabo

Yep – the same Government Motors that sent its production facilities to Red China, with Sheikh Hussein al-Obamastan’s blessing?.

Clark Kent
Clark Kent

Yet ANOTHER reason never to purchase a Government Motors vehicle. I am surprised they did not ‘recall’ the worker instead of firing him.

TEX