Nashville, TN -(AmmoLand.com)- During the past 12 months, Kentucky NASP has set the following state records:
- Total # of archers competing in events: 13,620 unique archers have participated in at least one NASP event this year.
- Total # of archers registered for regional events: 11,944 archers registered for the 14 KY regional NASP tournaments; a 7.5% increase over last year.
- Total # of archers for the state tournament: 4231 archers competed in the 2015 KY NASP State Tournament.
- Highest High School Team Score: Trigg County High School scored a 3465 in the 2016 KY NASP region 1 tournament. Average archer score for the top 12 archers 288.75.
- Perfect scores recorded: 3 perfect scores of 300 were recorded!
KY NASP PERFECT SCORING ARCHERS = 300 Score:
- Clay Stevens, Trigg County High, KHSAA State Tournament
- Bradley Long, Madison Southern High, Feed the Future: Food Drive
- Harley Marshall, East Carter High, Raceland-Worthington State Qualifier
When asked about how NASP is doing in Kentucky, Patrick O’Connell the State Archery Coordinator for Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources said, “I am constantly amazed by the continued growth of the NASP program in Kentucky. Last year alone, we added over 100 new schools to the program. Our regional tournaments are growing at a rate of 1000 archers per year over the past 3 years. Not only is the number of participants growing, the scores are rising too. We were 10 years into this program before the first perfect 300 score was shot in an official NASP event. We have had 3 this year in Kentucky alone. The dedication of these young archers and their coaches amazes me. From what I can tell, the only thing better than the talent of these student archers is their character.“
For more information on KY NASP contact KY Archery Coordinator Patrick O’Connell at: [email protected]
“Like” us on Facebook to receive all of the latest NASP “News” as it happens”!
About National Archery in the Schools Program:
The National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP) promotes student education, physical education and participation in the lifelong sport of Archery. The mission of NASP is to promote international-style target archery as part of the in-school curriculum, to improve educational performance and participation in the shooting sports among students in grades 4-12.
For more information, please visit www.NASPSchools.org.