Grand Prairie, TX -(AmmoLand.com)- Ready to join a winning team? Plano Synergy is seeking a qualified Graphic Designer to join our staff in our Grand Prairie, TX office.
We need an independently creative person, who has fresh ideas and can execute high caliber and accurate work. A Graphic Designer position at Plano Synergy is full time and requires the ability to develop and create compelling digital and print advertising, branding campaigns, brochures, packaging, display materials, catalogs, and website and more.
Our ideal candidate will be both creative and tech savvy. This self-starter should be able to take initiative in thinking through design project workflow. This person should be able to move from project to project quickly and work productively within a deadline-driven environment. This person will be a valued member of the creative/design team and enjoy contributing to collaborative marketing efforts.
- Meets with client or Art Director to determine graphic design needs.
- Researches ideas for graphic design.
- Presents sample ideas and/or prepares rough sketches of design for approval by client or Art Director.
- Creates logos, illustrations, graphs, charts, and other artwork using computer.
- Uses computer to design and create layouts for the space allotted including size and arrangement of illustrations and/or photographs, and size and style of type.
- Reviews final layout with client or Art Director.
- Makes written instructions for workers who prepare final artwork for printer.
- Prepares final artwork for printer.
- Prepares instructions for printer.
- Creates still and animated graphics for television news broadcasts.
- Prepares a series of rough drawings that show the sequence of events or timing of story development for televised or filmed production.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four year college or university; or five plus years of experience and/or training; or equivalent education and experience
- Demonstrate solid working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Outlook and
- PowerPoint and practical knowledge of the Adobe suite
- Must have knowledge of the basic principles and aesthetics of design. Must be able to organize information, think creatively, and generate ideas. Must be able to create and produce graphic designs.
- Must have knowledge of computer software applications and other tools used for page layout, illustration, scanning, photo design, typesetting, and other aspects of graphic design and production.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to problem solve, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Must show strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Experience in designing outdoor industry products a plus**
Our company offers a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees. These benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and Supplemental Benefits. Additionally, we offer 2 weeks paid vacation, sick time, bereavement, paid holidays, and other benefits.
This full-time role will be based out of The Plano Synergy Grand Prairie, TX office. Send resumes and samples of work to [email protected]
About Plano Synergy Holding, Inc.:
Plano Synergy Holding, Inc. is the leading US manufacturer and marketer of fishing tackle boxes, archery equipment, game cameras, protective cases and other gear for hunters, anglers and outdoor enthusiasts. The company’s market-leading brands include Ameristep Hunting Products, Barnett Outdoors, Evolved Harvest & Habitats, Flextone Game Calls, Frabill, Halo Optics, Plano, Tenzing Outdoors, Wildgame Innovations, BloodSport, Zink, and Avian-X. For more than a half-century, Plano Synergy brands and products inspire people to engage in outdoor pursuits throughout the world.
For more information, please visit www.PlanoSynergy.com.