Assembly Public Safety to Vote on AB 2459, Aimed to Take Out All Gun Dealers!
Roseville, CA -(AmmoLand.com)- AB 2459, authored by Asm. Kevin McCarty (D-Sacramento), will wipe out every single gun dealer in the state of California.
In essence, if this bill passes, they may not ever have to pass another anti-gun bill again. You simply won't be able to legally buy another gun in California.
To start, AB 2459 will ban all home FFL dealers. There are hundreds of them in the state, and they may serve areas where a traditional brick and mortar store wouldn't prosper.
AB 2459 would then force all gun dealers to video record all areas of their store wherever firearms or ammunition are stored, displayed, carried, handled, sold, or transferred, including, but not limited to, counters, safes, vaults, cabinets, shelves, cases, and entryways. It will then need to be stored for up to ten years!
AB 2459 mandates a first in the world form of insurance– an unobtainable policy that covers the criminal acts of second, third and fourth parties using a firearm or ammunition from the store in question, even if the retailer is in fact the victim of the crime or if the gun or ammo was stolen from the store.
No gun dealer in the state will be able to comply with these insane requirements!
HOW TO FIGHT:
1. Sign the petition opposing AB 2459
2. CALL the author of the bill and ask that he pull the bill from the hearing. It is a ludicrous idea; one that needs to go away
3. CALL the Assembly members listed below — ask them to “vote NO on AB 2459”
4. Share this email and help us get the word out — time is of the essence
SIGN THE PETITION HERE
AUTHOR: Asm. Kevin McCarty (D – Sacramento).
WHAT IT DOES: Bans all home FFL dealers, requires constant video surveillance of all parts of the store, and mandates the purchase of an insurance policy that does not exist.
LOCATION: Assembly Public Safety Committee.
STATUS: AB 1695 will be voted on next Tuesday, April 5th. If passed, it will head to the Assembly Privacy and Consumer Protection Committee.
CALL THE AUTHOR AND ASK HIM TO REMOVE THE BILL FROM THE HEARING!
- Asm.Kevin McCarty – (916) 319-2007
CALL THESE ASSEMBLY MEMBERS NOW!
It takes less than 3 minutes to help us fight this bill. Call every one of these Assembly members and ask them to “vote no on AB 2459.”
- Asm. Reggie Jones-Sawyer – (916) 319-2059
- Asm. Melissa Melendez – (916) 319-2067
- Asm. Tom Lackey – (916) 319-2036
- Asm. Patty Lopez – (916) 319-2039
- Asm. Evan Low – (916) 319-2028
- Asm. Bill Quirk – (916) 319-2020
- Asm. Miguel Santiago – (916) 319-2053
About the Firearms Policy Coalition:
Firearms Policy Coalition is a grassroots 501(c)4 nonprofit public benefit organization. FPC’s mission is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, especially the fundamental, individual Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
For more information, visit: www.firearmspolicy.org.