Expect Roadblocks Statewide During Fishing and Hunting Seasons

New Mexico Flag
New Mexico
New Mexico Game & Fish
New Mexico Department of Game and Fish

Raton, NM -(AmmoLand.com)- The Department of Game and Fish will conduct roadblocks throughout the state during the hunting and fishing seasons to collect harvest data and to detect wildlife law violations.

The 2016-17 fishing season began April 1. Youth turkey hunting season began April 8 and the general season begins April 15. For more information, please consult the department's fishing or hunting Rules & Information booklets available at www.wildlife.state.nm.us or at area offices and license vendors.

At roadblocks, conservation officers also will check for compliance with the Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Act and the Aquatic Invasive Species Control Act. Drivers of vehicles hauling wood products will be asked to produce documentation as required by the Forest Conservation Act.
Department officers may be assisted by other law enforcement agencies such as the U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, New Mexico State Police or county sheriff’s offices. As a result, the public may encounter minor delays.

To report a wildlife-law violation, please contact a Department of Game and Fish area office in Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Raton, Roswell or Las Cruces, or call the toll-free Operation Game Thief hotline at (800) 432-GAME (4263). Callers can remain anonymous and earn rewards for information leading to charges being filed.

Violations also can be reported online at Operation Game Thief.

About the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish:

To provide and maintain an adequate supply of wildlife and fish within the State of New Mexico by utilizing a flexible management system that provides for their protection, propagation, regulation, conservation, and for their use as public recreation and food supply.

For more information, visit: www.wildlife.state.nm.us.

owlcreek
owlcreek

Confirms why I load up on snacks and have a full tank of gas when I leave Arizona, never stopping in the socialist pizzhole “land of enchantment” on my way to Texas.

Son of Liberty
Son of Liberty

Back in ’76 I had the option of moving to northern NM or WY. I moved to WY (now live in Alaska), and consider it the best of the possible choices for the time.

NM sounds like a Gestapo’s paradise. Glad I didn’t move there and establish roots.

Blessings,

Son of Liberty

Winston Smith

Note to Admin; Sorry for the double posts. One hell of a lag time today. Please feel free to delete the one without the part about Texas . Thanks and God Bless. W.S.

Winston Smith

Well I reckon Skeeter and old Bill Jordan are up in heaven now doing gate duty to keep the commies out. Heres to “good friends, good guns, and good whiskey!” And yes Bill thank you for telling me as a young man that there is no such thing as a second place winner. No reset switch after leather is cleared! That’s for sure. Rest in peace gentlemen you earned it!

Winston Smith

As an old retired metro homicide cop told me of roadblocks. ROADBLOCKS? What the hell is that? In my day we used something called “police work” to catch drunks. The rest of what he said wouldn’t be fit to print.

SuperG
SuperG

Sounds like a smoke screen to violate your Constitutional rights if you ask me. Much like the Border Patrol conducting road blocks over 100 miles from any border, to check for illegal immigrants.

Reply to  SuperG

Actually they are claiming 200 miles now. And “Joint cooperation with Mexico”. Now the real question is what happens now that tens of millions of armed American citizens are “cooperating “? Your move ,choose wisely.

Winston Smith

That said and out of the way now? Having personally dealt with intoxicated poachers here on the ranch , I can’t say I envy NM Game and Fish . But you do have my utmost respect and thanks. Stay safe but stay within your oath!

Winston Smith

You Sir are the idiot. If I have broken no law ,you have no right to detain or impede my travel in any way without probable cause. It’s called precidence.

Reply to  Winston Smith

Supreme Court of The United States precidence at that.

Maluka
Maluka

Are you two idiots? Most if not all states have “roadblocks” to check in game and verify compliance with F & G regulations. No violation of the Bill of Rights is there but stupid people are obviously present. Unless you are a poacher or an illegal hunter you do not have a worry in your future.

JR Bailey
JR Bailey
Reply to  Maluka

Hey Maluka, I take it you’ve never heard of the fourth amendment in the Bill of Rights? The specific references to unreasonable search and seizure: unless the game and fish and the other fascist thugs have evidence to engage in a probable-cause stop and search, they do not have the constitutional right to stop and search. The definition of evidence in the Constitutional sense, directly relating the probable cause, means that if I’m driving a late model Brown Ford 4 by 4 pickup with a green canopy on the bed, and someone notified Game and Fish or the Sheriff’s Office,… Read more »

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
Reply to  JR Bailey

Or drive by the sniffer dogs, and the dogs signal an alert.

Winston Smith

#1; As a New Mexican I say stick your roadblocks up your ass. #2; Got a warrant? No? Then refer to No.1. The Bill of Rights is still in effect.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
Reply to  Winston Smith

That is funny! When you wrote “#1 As a New Mexican…” I thought that you had crossed the border! The joke is on me!

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
Reply to  Wild Bill

Ha! Get it? New Mexican…new Mexican. You guys are a tough crowd. Crossed the border… you know… south bound.

Reply to  Wild Bill

New Mexico didn’t become a state until 1912 . Louis Lamore called my area the high lonesome for a reason. The enviro whacks allready shut down what little renewable industry we had. We’ll be damned if we will give up our rights as American citizens. Yes we ARE a tough crowd I’m NM. But we keep the keys in the spare pickup for the neighbors if they need it. And we haven’t seen our house keys in ten years. BUT IF YOU ignore our no trespass signs and open our gate at the ranch ? YOU will be met be… Read more »

Reply to  Wild Bill

@Wild Bill , Yes sir we are an extremely tough crowd. But we are basically a third world state by US standards and Sante Fe is corrupt as hell! No different than it ever was . But then emergency response here where we live in the high country can be measured in hours not minutes. So if some fool ignores the no trespass signs ? They get to deal with me and a dog pack. The rewards for that is that we leave the keys in the trucks for our neighbors in case of emergency and we haven’t seen our… Read more »

JR Bailey
JR Bailey

This article has given me proof that I shall never, repeat never, ever, vacation in New Mexico much less hunt or fish there: the sheer scope of the jackbooted thuggery and acted by New Mexico Game and Fish, in close association with other fascist Federal organizations, proves to me that freedom has died in New Mexico.

My vacation dollars and my hunting and fishing dollars, will go to States and the businesses in those States, that still believe in the freedom of Americans.

Shame on the jackbooted Thugs in government in New Mexico.