Hauppauge, NY -(AmmoLand.com)- Meopta is pleased to introduce the MeoRed, its newest and most compact reflex sight.
The MeoRed features high-quality optics and a lower profile than its predecessor, the MeoSight III, allowing users to co-witness with most iron sights. Parallax free and weighing just over an ounce, this sight is ideal for fast, close-quarter target acquisition with both eyes open and accurate shooting on the move.
Designed for use on handguns with cutout slides, AR platforms or shotguns, the MeoRed is well suited for tactical use as well as three-gun competitions, target shooting and hunting close-range moving game such as hogs. It is made from aircraft-grade aluminum alloy and is fully waterproof and shockproof. The MeoRed comes with an integrated MIL-STD 1913 mount in addition to an interface plate for a Docter mount and features easy to use windage (180 MOA) and elevation (120 MOA) adjustments. Illumination of the 3 MOA red dot is activated by pushing the control button located on the left side of the sight and the brightness level of the red dot is continuous and easily adjustable. To turn the unit off, press the button and hold.
The MeoRed is powered by one CR 2032 battery for up to 300 hours of run time and features a low battery indicator dot that signals when the battery is running low. There is also an auto-off function that turns the unit off after three hours of continuous operation if the function button has not been touched. The battery compartment is on the right side of the sight and can be accessed without taking the sight off the gun.
It is secured with two screws ensuring constant battery contact during extreme recoil.
|Dot Size (MOA)||3|
|No. of Intensity Levels||continuous|
|Manual Intensity Mode||yes|
|Automatic Intensity Mode||no|
|Battery||1 Cr 2032|
|Battery lifetime (hours)||300|
|Automatic Switch-off (hours)||3|
|Windage and Elevation Adjustment Range (MOA)||180 Windage 120 Elevation|
|Daylight Transmission (%)||86|
|Twilight Transmission (%)||95|
- Lens: A well-protected glass lens provides a virtually parallax-free sight picture for eyes-wide-open target acquisition.
- Coatings: Proprietary ion assisted lens coatings. MeoBright coating delivers incredibly bright and sharp images across the field of view. MeoDrop hydrophobic coating repels moisture and contaminants. MeoShield coating protects lens surface from abrasions and scratches.
- Illumination: 3 MOA dot size. Continuous adjustment of illumination allows shooters to adjust aiming point intensity to match ambient lighting conditions. Powered by one CR 2032 battery for up to 300 hours of run time. Auto-off function and intelligent energy monitoring preserves battery life by automatically turning the illumination off after three hours of continuous operation if the function button has not been touched.
- Adjustment: 180 MOA range of windage and 120 MOA range of elevation allows the shooter to easily dial in target adjustments and makes zero simple to change and maintain.
- Construction: Rugged body is machined from a solid block of aircraft grade aluminum alloy and is built to withstand extreme battlefield conditions and is fully waterproof and shock proof. Matte black anodized surface is non-reflective and highly durable.
- Mount: A locking, lever activated integrated quick release mount fits a standard MIL STD 1913 Picatinny rail system.
- Warranty: Covered by Meopta’s North American Lifetime Transferable Warranty.
- MSRP: $517.49
The Meopta Group is a U.S. family-owned, multinational company with facilities in the United States and Europe. Founded in 1933 in Czechoslovakia (now the Czech Republic), Meopta is a leading manufacturing partner to many of the world’s finest optical brands. In their Czech facility, Meopta conceives, develops and manufactures precision optical and electro/optical systems for semiconductor, medical, aerospace and military industries as well as for consumer markets. In their New York plant, precision optical products are manufactured and assembled to exacting standards in clean-room environments for the military, industrial and consumer markets.
For more information, please visit www.meoptausa.com.