Washington, DC -(AmmoLand.com)- Yesterday, 30 bipartisan Members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus (CSC) joined representatives from the sportsmen’s community for a trap, skeet and sporting clays competition at the annual Congressional Shoot-Out in Glenn Dale, Maryland.
Held annually for more than 20 years, this event brings together Republicans and Democrats, who share a common goal in protecting and advancing the interests of America’s sportsmen and women, for a friendly shooting sports competition. This year, the Republicans, led by CSC Co-Chair Congressman Rob Wittman (VA), walked away victoriously with a total score of 253, and Democrats, led by CSC Co-Chair Tim Walz (MN), tallied up a total score of 222.
“Sportsmen’s interests are nonpartisan, an issue area that both Democrats and Republicans can work together on,” said Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) President Jeff Crane.
“Sportsmen-led conservation is critical to maintaining habitats and protecting our sporting heritage. Members of the CSC are fully committed to that effort, and we want to expand those opportunities for outdoor recreation,” said CSC Co-Chair Congressman Rob Wittman (VA). “That’s why we’re here today; to put aside our political differences and highlight some of the activities that sportsmen in Congress are working hard to protect.”
Joining CSC Members this year were special guests from the Washington Redskins: Houston Bates, Dustin Hopkins, Spencer Long, and Tress Way.
Prior to the Congressional Shoot-Out, CSF hosted the annual Industry Challenge on May 9, a similar recreational shooting competition for CSF partners and supporters within the sportsmen’s community.
Congressional Shoot-Out Winners
Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus Individual Category:
- “Top Gun” Member of Congress: Congressman Duncan Hunter (CA)
- “Top Gun” Democrat: Congressman Tim Walz (MN)
- “Top Gun” Republican: Congressman Richard Hudson (NC)
- Top Skeet: Congressman John Kline (MN)
- Top Trap: Congressman Collin Peterson (MN)
- Top Sporting Clays: Congressman Jeff Duncan (SC)
- “Top Gun”: Joe Cunniffe (FABARM USA); Drew Goodlin (Vista Outdoor Inc.)
- “Top Gun” Female: Erin Cox (Winchester Ammunition)
- Top Skeet: John Frazier (Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation)
- Top Trap: Rob Keck (Bass Pro Shops)
- Top Sporting Clays: Dave Butz (National Rifle Association Board of Directors)
- “Top Gun”: Sara Tucker (Natural Resource Results LLC)
Industry Challenge Winners
- First Place team: Vista Outdoor Inc.
- Second Place team: Boone and Crockett Club
- Third Place team: Vista Outdoor Inc.
- “Top Gun”: Robert Crow (White Flyer Targets)
- Top Skeet: Bill Mackleit (Vista Outdoor Inc.)
- Top Trap: Ryan Bronson (Vista Outdoors Inc.)
- Top Sporting Clays: Charlie Conger
Title Sponsors included: BP America, Inc., General Motors, Hornady Manufacturing Co., National Rifle Association, SilencerCo LLC, and Vista Outdoor Inc.
Host Sponsors included: Bass Pro Shops, Cabela’s Outdoor Fund, ITC Holdings Corporation, National Shooting Sports Foundation, and Winchester Ammunition.
About Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF):
Since 1989 CSF has maintained a singleness of purpose that has guided the organization to become the most respected and trusted sportsmen’s organization in the political arena. CSF’s mission is to work with Congress, governors, and state legislatures to protect and advance hunting, angling, recreational shooting and trapping. The unique and collective force of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus (CSC), the Governors Sportsmen’s Caucus (GSC) and the National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses (NASC), working closely with CSF, and with the support of major hunting, angling, recreational shooting and trapping organizations, serves as an unprecedented network of pro-sportsmen elected officials that advance the interests of America’s hunters and anglers.
For more information, visit: www.sportsmenslink.org.