Sportsman Channel’s “Just Junie” Featuring a Self-Sufficient Hunting Mamma Airs Marathon of Season 1 on May 7
Denver, CO -(AmmoLand.com)- Sportsman Channel will air a marathon of the fan-favorite series, Just Junie beginning on Saturday, May 7 at 5 p.m. ET.
The first season, consisting of six episodes will air consecutively during the three-hour block Saturday evening. The marathon leads into the season finale at Noon ET on Sunday, May 8, the nationally celebrated holiday – Mother’s Day.
Junie James is a strong-willed, homegrown, D-I-Y kind of gal and has one of the toughest jobs on the planet – being a mother. Junie is raising two growing boys in Oklahoma and firmly believes in putting her own food on the family table, embracing the ‘eat what you hunt’ lifestyle. In the Saturday marathon, viewers will follow this huntress as she travels the globe hunting wild game to bring home to her family.
Sportsman Channel’s Saturday, May 7 Marathon schedule is as follows:
- 5 p.m. – In this pilot episode, viewers meet Junie James and experience what it’s like to be a working-mom, run a household and venture on incredible hunts to feed her family. This 5’2 female huntress is often underestimated but the one thing more lethal than her smile, is her bow.
- 5:30 p.m. – For Junie, there isn’t a hunting challenge too big. So, she hops on a plane to South Africa where she procures Kudu and Sable, two species of antelope, as well as Baboon. She then sets her sights on procuring a bushpig in broad daylight.
- 6 p.m. – In this two-part special, Junie heads to Rancho El Puerto in Old Mexico and procures enough meat to fill her freezer for a year, causing her to be coined, “Señorita Sangre,” which means “Ms. Blood.”
- 7 p.m. – Junie visits her friends at Broken O Ranch for two essentials as an Oklahoman mom – decorating advice and meat for the freezer. Junie takes home three hogs and a doe for her boys.
- 7:30 p.m. – Junie pulls out all of the tricks her mother taught her to prep elaborate brush blinds and it pays off – she heads home with multiple hogs.
Then, the Mother’s Day Special on Sunday, May 8 will air Just Junie’s Season 1 Finale at Noon ET. In the last episode of the season, Junie convinces her long-time friend, Reza to take a week off of work and accompany her on a big-game hunt in Texas.
About Sportsman Channel:
Launched in 2003, Sportsman Channel/Sportsman HD is a television and digital media company fully devoted to honoring a lifestyle that is celebrated by millions of Americans. A division of Outdoor Sportsman Group, Sportsman Channel delivers entertaining and informative programming that showcases outdoor adventure, hunting and fishing, and illustrates it through unique and authentic storytelling. Sportsman Channel embraces the attitude of “Red, Wild & Blue America” – where the American Spirit and Great Outdoors are celebrated in equal measure. Sportsman Channel reaches more than 36 million U.S. television households.