Sacramento, CA -(AmmoLand.com)- It happened.
They passed 5 of the worst anti-gun bills we have ever seen.
It was supposed to happen in complete secrecy until we announced it last Friday.
And for most, it was done in complete secret because the web feed we sent you earlier had a “convenient” feed error.
Now these bills head to the Senate Floor, but based off of the lack of respect they have shown to the process this far, we can probably assume the outcome before they vote on most of them.
That's why we need you to get active and start contacting the Governor to tell him to VETO these bills when they are passed out of the Senate as early as this Thursday.
The bills are as follows:
- AB 1664 (Levine): Bans common and constitutionally protected firearms that have magazine locking devices.
- AB 1673 (Gipson): Redefines “firearms” to include items that are not firearms.
- AB 1674 (Santiago): Bans buying more than one firearm within a 30-day period.
- AB 1695 (Bonta): Makes some non-violent misdemeanors punishable by prohibitions on owning firearms.
- AB 2607 (Ting): Dramatically expands who can request a Gun Violence Restraining order.
These bills could be to the Governor as early as Friday!
Take 30 seconds and sign the petition asking the Governor to veto these bills.
After you sign, call Governor Brown and ask that he veto the five bills listed above: (916) 445-2841
It can mean the difference between victory or failure.
About Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC):
Firearms Policy Coalition is a grassroots 501(c)4 nonprofit public benefit organization. FPC’s mission is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, especially the fundamental, individual Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
More information about FPC can be found at www.firearmspolicy.org.