Three cars offer fans the chance to win authentic race helmets from their favorite drivers
Springfield, MO -(AmmoLand.com)- The Bass Pro Shops racing team drivers are gearing up to race for conservation under the lights at Daytona International Raceway this Fourth of July weekend.
Bass Pro Shops is a primary sponsor for four drivers; Martin Truex, Jr., Tony Stewart and Austin Dillon in Saturday’s Coke Zero 400, and Ty Dillon in Friday’s Xfinity Subway Firecracker 250. Three of the cars will sport special paint schemes donated by Bass Pro Shops in support of Ducks Unlimited and the National Rifle Association (NRA), one of the many ways the company supports conservation organizations nationwide. Bass Pro Shops is also giving away three authentic helmet replicas to lucky fans in honor of the weekend.
“We can’t think of a better way to celebrate Independence Day than salute the important conservation work of our partners at Ducks Unlimited and the NRA,” said leading national conservationist and Bass Pro Shops founder/CEO Johnny Morris. “We are especially proud of our partnerships with drivers like Tony Stewart, Martin Truex, Jr., and Austin and Ty Dillon who are all avid sportsmen with a passion for enjoying and conserving the great outdoors.”
Racing for Conservation
Tony Stewart and Ducks Unlimited
- Thanks to a continuing partnership with Ducks Unlimited (DU), Bass Pro Shops is donating space on Tony Stewart’s No.14 Sprint Cup Series Chevrolet SS to DU, the world’s leader in wetlands and waterfowl conservation. For the third time, Stewart’s car will feature a mallard and the DU logo on both back fenders, along with “Ducks Unlimited” painted in large letters.
“Johnny Morris and Bass Pro Shops have always been great partners, and their generosity never ceases to amaze me,” said DU CEO Dale Hall. “The fact that they have supported DU’s mission for the past three years with this special opportunity speaks volumes about the company and their commitment to conservation.”
- Bass Pro Shops is also home to The Ducks Unlimited National Waterfowling Heritage Center that opened last year at the iconic Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid in Memphis, Tennessee. This interactive wetlands and waterfowl education museum showcases the history of waterfowling and wetlands conservation.
- This will be Stewart’s final appearance as a driver at Daytona International Speedway. The three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion is the only driver in history to win a championship in both IndyCar and NASCAR.
Ty and Austin Dillion and the NRA National Sporting Arms Museum
- Ty and Austin Dillon’s Bass Pro Shops cars will display a paint scheme for the NRA National Sporting Arms Museum located at Bass Pro Shops National Headquarters’ iconic “Grandaddy” store in Springfield, Missouri. The free 7,500-square-foot museum celebrates the history of hunting, conservation and freedom. Visitors can see nearly a thousand historically significant firearms and numerous other artifacts including 16 original painting masterpieces on loan from Remington Arms Company.
- In addition, their grandfather, Richard Childress, former NASCAR driver and owner of Richard Childress Racing, has been a two-term member of the NRA Board of Directors and also serves as the Chairman of the Hunting and Wildlife Conservation Committee for the organization.
- Ty will drive his No. 3 Bass Pro Shops Camaro in the XFINITY Series Subway Firecracker 250 race Friday, July 1 beginning at 7:30 p.m EST. Austin will pilot his No. 3 Chevrolet during the Sprint Cup Series Coke Zero 400, Saturday at 7:45 p.m.
Martin Truex, Jr. and Bass Pro Shops/Tracker Boats
- Martin Truex, Jr. will drive the No. 78 Bass Pro Shops/TRACKER Boats Toyota Camry during the Sprint Cup Series Coke Zero 400. Truex, currently eighth in driver points, won the Coca-Cola 600 in Charlotte earlier this year. At the Daytona 500 in February his runner-up result to Toyota teammate Denny Hamlin was the closest finish in the 58-year history of NASCAR’s biggest race. The difference at the finish line was one thousandth of a second.
Racing Helmet Giveaway Contest for Fans
Fans can enter for a chance to win one of three authentic racing helmets from each of the Bass Pro Shops drivers competing in the Coke Zero 400 by visiting www.basspro.com/Daytona. Registration ends July 31 and winners will be announced August 3.
About Bass Pro Shops:
Bass Pro Shops, which specializes in outdoor fun, operates 98 stores and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada that are visited by more than 120 million people every year. Bass Pro Shops stores, many of which feature restaurants, offer hunting, fishing, camping and other outdoor gear while their catalogs and website serve shoppers throughout the world. The company’s Tracker Marine Group (www.trackermarine.com), a leading brand of fishing boats for more than 37 years, manufactures and sells a variety of boats for fishing and cruising. Family fun is on tap at Bass Pro Shops resort Big Cedar Lodge (www.bigcedar.com), voted by Travel + Leisure as one of the top 50 Best Hotels for Families in the U.S. To request a free catalog, call 1-800-BASS PRO. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/bassproshops.
For more information, visit www.basspro.com.