USA – -(Ammoland.com)- The city of Cleveland, Ohio obtained its name on July 22, 1796 when surveyors of the Connecticut Land Company named the area now known as “Cleveland” after their leader, General Moses Cleaveland.
Moses Cleaveland oversaw the plan for what would later become the modern downtown area, centered on a Public Square, before returning home to Connecticut, never again to visit Ohio.
Moses Cleaveland was a member of the Connecticut convention that ratified the United States Constitution. He was elected to the Connecticut General Assembly several times and in 1796 was commissioned General of the Militia.
In three weeks, the city founded by the General of the Connecticut Militia will be the host of the 2016 Republican National Convention (RNC). As I previously reported in the article titled “Protests and Preparations”, thousands of Black Lives Matter, Revolutionary Communist Party, Workers World Party and La Raza protestors intend to Shut Down the RNC Convention at the Quicken Loans Arena and interdict (and prevent if they can) the nomination of Mr. Donald Trump as the Republican Party Presidential Nominee. Convention activities are scheduled not only at the main Quicken Loans Arena, but also in over 40 separate meeting facilities, restaurants and private clubs in the downtown Cleveland area.
The RNC Convention has been designated as a National Special Security Event (NSSE). Many previous NSSEs have turned the host city into a police state for the duration of the event. Police officers in riot gear will be highly visible in the vicinity of the convention arena, snipers will be stationed on rooftops, helicopters will be assigned to patrol the area, and barriers will line the security perimeter. Police will conduct bag searches on public transportation leading to the downtown area and stop/search anyone approaching the Quicken Loans Arena.
The City of Cleveland had originally planned to field 4,000 uniformed officers with the assistance of Cincinnati, Denver, Greensboro and many other cities. This force has now dwindled to less than 1,000 with most of the major supporting cities pulling out. In their original plan, the city anticipated marches and protests of up to 20,000 people.
As of today, the city is anticipating greater than 100,000 anti-Trump protesters with upwards of 10,000 being bused in from Chicago.
Cops refuse to send help to the RNC – RT America
Currently, there have been 23 protest groups approved with 57 total events. There are many other groups who have submitted applications who have not yet been approved or denied. City officials have been posting approvals/denials on a weekly basis
As of June 29th 2016, only two march/rally permit applications had been denied:
- Citizens for Trump (pro-Trump)
- Organize! Ohio
Currently, 23 march/rally permit applications have been approved:
- America First Unity Rally (pro-Trump)
- Black on Black
- Bring Back Ohio
- Cleveland Baptist Church
- Cleveland Peace Action
- Code Pink Women for Peace
- Food Not Bombs (out of state group)
- Food Not Bombs – Lake County/East Side Cleveland
- Gaye Lub
- Greater CLE Immigration Network
- Imperial Women Coalition
- S. Longwell
- LVW Greater Cleveland
- NE Ohio American Friends Service Committee
- PAMI: Curious End to War Against Ourselves
- Peoples Fight Back Center
- Pierre Nappier
- Revolution Books (RevCom.US)
- Salam I Come in Peace
- Scott Roger Hurley
- Stand Together Against Trump
- Stop Trump
- Westboro Baptist Church
It is crystal clear from the lists above, that the vast number of “approved” protestors are severely anti-Trump. In my earlier article, I discussed preparations and a list of restricted items that the city council had passed to improve the safety and security for RNC participants. As of yesterday and at the order of a Judge, Cleveland has issued new rules for the protests and demonstrations during the RNC:
- The restricted/prohibited items zone has been reduced to the area immediately surrounding the Quicken Loans Arena ( the entire downtown area as originally planned).
- Protest marches will travel a new route that passes much closer to the Quicken Loans Arena and Progressive Field, the baseball stadium where some convention events will be held.
- On the first day of the convention, marches are limited to beginning between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m., ending no later than 5 p.m. On the final three days of the convention marches may begin at 8:30 a.m. and must end by 2:30 p.m.
- Cleveland residents inside the security zone are exempt from possessing items on the restricted items list. Homeless people will now also be considered “residents,” exempting them from the restrictions.
- There will be no segregation of pro/anti-Trump rallies/protests.
- Speaker podium time at the official protest area has been extended.
- The City has purchased a $50M insurance policy to cover damages and claims resulting from protests/riots.
There are now dozens, if not hundreds of Facebook pages and websites offering protest training, legal and transportation assistance to RNC protest participants. Classes are schedule by Black Lives Matter, The Revolutionary Communist Party, the Workers World Party, Black Bloc and many other organizations on everything from how to get arrested without being hurt, posting bail, to training on how to perform emergency medical procedures.
If you are interested in learning more about the plans, preparations and objectives of the groups interested in shutting down the RNC, please see the following articles (warning leftist, socialist, democrat hate speech ahead):
- Black Bloc – It’s Going Down – WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE RNC: https://itsgoingdown.org/what-to-expect-at-the-rnc/
- Revolutionary Communist Party – A Call to Take the Revolution to the Political Conventions: http://www.revcom.us/a/443/call-to-take-revoution-to-political-conventions-en.html
Workers World Party – Shut Down the RNC/DNC:
- Dozens of Leftist Groups Plan RNC Protest Coalition: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/27/dozens-leftist-groups-announce-rnc-protest-coalition/
- Unicorn Riot – RNC Preparations from the Protester Perspective: http://www.unicornriot.ninja/?p=7078
Monitoring the Events on the Ground:
Please take the time to review operation “North Coast” and participate if possible. I would also like to encourage members to post relevant intelligence in the comments section on our page here. Several of us are planning to be in Cleveland during the week of July 18-21 2016. At this late date, motel rooms are nearly impossible to find. If you have an extra bed in your motel room or other accommodations available (for example, I am bringing an RV) and are willing to offer lodging to a fellow Oath Keeper interested in helping us monitor events on the ground, feel free to post that in the comment section on our page here as well.
Personal Note: While researching this article, I reviewed the Twitter accounts of numerous known radicals and noted postings of individuals scheming to disguise themselves as homeless people to avoid the item restrictions imposed by the city. While the city has stated that they will not be using gas to disperse protesters, there are several organizations discussing how to have gas masks (which are restricted items) available should they be needed. I also noted postings claiming that glass containers and wine bottles should be easy to obtain from the “street people” that live in the restricted area. In the future, I will post links to tweets and Facebook entries with information like this in the comments section.
This article with comments is online at Oath Keepers. https://www.oathkeepers.org/navyjack-cleveland-a-city-in-the-crosshairs/
About Oath Keepers:
Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of current and formerly serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution. www.oathkeepers.org