PHOENIX –-(Ammoland.com)- The Wildlife for Tomorrow Foundation, together with the Arizona Game and Fish Department, will induct six individuals and one organization into the Arizona Outdoor Hall of Fame.
The Foundation’s Nineteenth Annual Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place during the annual Arizona Outdoor Hall of Fame Banquet on Saturday, Aug. 20, at the Chaparral Suites Scottsdale, 5001 N. Scottsdale Road in Scottsdale.
The inductees for this year’s event include:
- Richard Sprague, of Yuma. RIchard is the owner and manager of Sprague’s Sports in Yuma and has become a leader in the efforts to enhance and preserve Arizona’s hunting and shooting heritage. Richard and staff have for many years hosted and sponsored events that promote hunting and other outdoor activities in the area. Sprague’s Sports has almost single-handedly ensured that the renowned annual Yuma dove hunt continues as a major economic event for the community.
- Jim Unmacht, of New River. Jim currently serves as president of the Arizona Sportsmen for Wildlife Conservation, and has served as Past President of the Arizona Antelope Foundation and Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society. He has been a champion for wildlife in Arizona for decades.
- Terry and Marge Abbott, of Rio Salado Sportsman’s Club, Mesa. Terry and Marge have been influential in the lives of many youngsters through their volunteer efforts in shooting instruction and related activities, especially related to the Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) started in 2003.
- Sempra Energy. The original developer of the Mesquite Power facility in western Maricopa County, Sempra Energy has been a tremendous supporter of the Wildlife for Tomorrow Foundation. The company sponsors the Mesquite Wildlife Oasis, a natural environment for a wide variety of Arizona’s desert wildlife that the Foundation uses for its environmental educational program based there.
- Kevin and Patti O’Connell, of Tucson. For more than 25 years, Kevin and Patti have been deeply involved with Ducks Unlimited in Arizona. They have been recognized nationally for their advocacy and fundraising for DU and important work on habitat and youth shooting opportunities in Arizona.
The Hall of Fame event will include a social hour and silent auction beginning at 6 p.m., with dinner being served at 7 p.m., followed by the induction ceremony. The evening will also feature a live auction, exciting raffle prizes, and musical entertainment by the Back Porch Bandits.
Individual tickets are $70. A table for 10 is $700. A table of 10 and a full-page ad in the full-color banquet brochure is $1,200. There are three different options for ordering tickets:
- Download a ticket ordering form, fill in the requested information, and either scan and email it to [email protected], or mail it to Wildlife For Tomorrow, c/o Duane Wellnitz, 719 W. Wildwood Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85045;
- Call Duane Wellnitz (Wildlife for Tomorrow Board Member and Ticket Chairman) at (480) 625-9540; or,
- Purchase your tickets on the Wildlife for Tomorrow website at www.wildlifefortomorrow.org.
For more information, visit www.wildlifefortomorrow.org.