Northborough, MA -(AmmoLand.com)- This coming weekend, the legislature will be holding more weekend sessions that will spell the end of the formal legislative session on July 31st.
It will essentially be the last opportunity for the legislature to enact emergency legislation to reign in the rogue actions of the Massachusetts Attorney General.
GOAL is asking gun owners and citizens to join us at the state house again this Saturday, July 30, 2016 from Noon to 2:00 pm. There will not be an outside rally. This time we are asking people to spend their time in direct communications with legislators inside the State House.
It is vitally important that we all continue to make our voices heard!
We know we are asking a lot for people to give up another Saturday, but we cannot let this horrific attack on civil rights and due process stand. This is also a chance for those who could not attend last weekends rally to participate.
If they can do this to us, they can do this to you!
When talking with legislators consider discussing some of these talking points:
- The AG's actions were a publicity stunt that has devastating implications for lawful citizens.
- This has nothing to do with gun safety.
- We understand that many officials are seeking “clarity”, but the AG's office has not offered any clarity on its fraudulent handgun regulations for 20 years!
- Since the 1994 federal ban and the subsequent 1998 state ban, no government official (federal or state) has ever defined the law this way.
- This is a brand NEW interpretation of the law that has potentially made hundreds of thousands of lawful citizens “felons in waiting”.
- Lawful gun owners are going to spend the rest of their lives with a potential 10 year prison sentence hanging over them because of a political stunt.
- The AG supposedly promised not to enforce the new interpretations on transfers prior to July 20, 2016, but no one else has made that promise. In an interview when asked if she had cited anyone, her answer was “not yet”.
- She unilaterally changed the rules and interpretations of long standing law overnight without seeking legislative support or consultation, without consulting the state agencies that have statutory authority over the laws. She did it in secret with no public input.
- All transfers of guns in the Commonwealth, whether through a retailer or a private transfer, must be approved and documented by the state.
- The legislature has the authority to reign in rogue government agencies and can do so in a given day.
Citizens may want to contact their local state representative and senator prior to this weekend to set up an appointment on Saturday. Make sure to get their room numbers before Saturday at: https://malegislature.gov/People/Search.
People you should plan to meet and talk with:
Governor Charlie Baker – Room 360
Senate President Stanley Rosenberg – Room 332
House Speaker Robert DeLeo – Room 356
Your Local State Senator –
Your Local State Representative –
- The only State House entrance open this weekend will be on Ashburton Place;
- The general public will not have access to the building prior to 11:00 am
- Prepare to go through security;
- You can not carry a firearm, knife or even pepper spray in the building;
- They typically do not allow signs or banners in the building;
FYI to our members – we are currently planning other events and will alert you when we have details.
About Gun Owners’ Action League:
Gun Owners’ Action League is the official state firearms association in Massachusetts. We are an association of law-abiding citizens who believe in the basic right of firearms ownership for competition, recreation and self-protection. GOAL works hard to defend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights against those in Massachusetts who wish to infringe upon the freedoms guaranteed by our forefathers. The programs sponsored and developed by Gun Owners’ Action League are supported by competitors, sportsmen, recreational shooters and law enforcement throughout the state. We were formed in 1974 to protect the right to keep and bear arms for lawful purposes in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. We are recognized as the state’s premier gun rights association.
For more information, visit: www.goal.org.