Call For Nominations – Attention all members, friends and interested industry!
Washington, DC -(AmmoLand.com)- F.A.I.R. Trade Group is pleased to announce it will begin accepting nominations from all those who are interested or who know someone who is interested in serving on the Board of Directors or as an officer.
F.A.I.R. Trade Group is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit corporation organized in the District of Columbia. We are proud to be the only organization devoted exclusively to representing the interests of the firearms import and export business community. We operate entirely on the funds derived from our dues-paying membership.
Open Positions and Qualifications:
Article II of the Bylaws provides the following requirements: Each director shall be a natural person of full age. A director shall be a voting member of the corporation during his directorship unless a majority of the Board of Directors shall provide otherwise. A director need not be a citizen of the United States or a resident of the District of Columbia unless a majority of the full Board shall provide otherwise.
Number of open directorships in 2017: 5
Article III of the Bylaws provide the following requirements: The Board of Directors shall elect or appoint a president, a secretary, and a treasurer. Only voting members in good status are eligible to serve as officers. The term of office of any officer shall not exceed three (3) years. Any two or more offices may be held by the same person, except the office of President and Secretary. The Board of Directors may remove any officer whenever in its judgment the best interests of the corporation will be served thereby.
Offices open in 2017: President (1); Secretary (1); Treasurer (1).
- Nominations for yourself or other qualified members will be accepted through September 1, 2016.
- Nominees must submit a bio (may include photo) and short statement by midnight, October 1, 2016.
- Nominations open August 1, 2016 and close September 1, 2016. All nominations must be submitted to the Executive Director at [email protected].
- Nominee applications due October 1, 2016. All applications must be submitted to the Executive Director at [email protected].
- Ballots will be distributed electronically or by mail (if requested) November 1, 2016 only to voting members.
- All votes must be received by December 1, 2016. The results will be announced on January 5 on the FAIR Trade Group website and by electronic communication.
- The new Directors and Officers will be introduced at the 2017 annual meeting at SHOT Show.
About the F.A.I.R. Trade Group:
The F.A.I.R. Trade Group is a 501(c) (6) organization dedicated since 1994 to protecting the interests of the firearms and ammunition import and export community. F.A.I.R. operates entirely on the funds derived from our dues-paying membership. If you are interested in becoming a member or contributing to the organization, please visit our website at:www.fairtradegroup.org.
Copyright © 2016 Fair Trade Group, All rights reserved.