Avondale, AZ -(AmmoLand.com)- Dan & Cheryl’s Intro
- The DC Project & Rally
- The Outdoor Expo at Westworld in Scottsdale AZ
- The terrible news events this week (5 officers killed)
Theme: Guns and Candy…we clearly need something to soothe our souls after this past couple of weeks of terrible news of the officers in Dallas being shot and the opportunistic anti-gun rhetoric in the media and from the politicians, and while we will talk about important things today, we will end our show with a treat…a local chocolatier who makes edible ART!
This Weeks Guests:
Joshua Hocienic is the Director of Personnel and Training for Lion Heart Security Services, a security staffing and consulting agency in Phoenix, Arizona. A former Marine Intelligence Analyst, Josh has been in the private security field since 2000 and specializes in healthcare security and security training. He is an NRA certified firearms instructor, Arizona armed guard instructor, and a range safety officer. Josh has developed several training programs including Management of Aggressive Persons 1&2 and an Active Threat program for businesses and community organizations. He has a wife and two young children, and is an active volunteer in the Cub Scouts with his son. He is a strong advocate for the Second Amendment, and also runs Armed Defense Instruction, a private firearms training organization teaching firearms safety and marksmanship to the public.
- Something very encouraging came from the horrific shooting of the Dallas Police Officers
- Although media and politicians believed open carry citizens would confuse police in an active shooting event – Dallas proved this to be untrue.
- 20-30 open carry responsible citizens (usually 5-10 conceal carry citizen for every open carry citizen)
- No armed citizen tried to ‘hunt down’ the shooter
- Concealed Carry Citizens were not trying to be their own SWAT teams
- Great examples of humanity at a tie of despicable acts
- People used their bodies to shield baby carriages – people are good and want to help
- Why do so many people carry concealed?
- Don’t put yourself on a high alert profile
- No one else knows so someone with ill intent does not view you as a threat
- Able to take a shooter by surprise
- Media and politicians want to make pro-gun citizens culpable whenever a criminal uses a firearm
- NRA is the only organization that continuously gets blamed for things that people who are not its own members do
- People with a concealed carry permit are typically the most law abiding citizens in the Nation
- Concealed Carry Citizens statistically commit less crimes than police officers
For more information, go to:
Rob Morse of the SlowFacts Blog, with the slogan “Fast opinions come and go. Here are the slow facts.” Rob is a retired Nuclear Engineer, who likes to say “I used to design nuclear reactors for fun and money. Then I designed high energy lasers. Lately I’ve designed optical sights and communications arrays for a defense contractor.” And he is also a regular presence as co-host on the Polite Society Podcast where we support and report on civilian self-defense. He’s contributed to Kenn Blanchard’s Black Man with a Gun Podcast, and sometimes on Lock and Load Radio and Armed American Radio. Rob also hosts Self Defense Gun Stories Podcast: weekly reports and commentary on civilian self-defense.
- Gun should be in schools and Teachers trained to use them
- 24% of armed attacks occur in schools
- 60% of attackers either kill themselves or are stopped by school staff before police arrive
- F.A.S.T.E.R. Saves Lives. Faculty, Administrator, Safety, Training, Emergency, and Response put on by Buckeye Firearms.
- Teaches Teachers to become first responders
- Teaches how to use a firearm to stop an armed attacker, trauma care, so lives can be saved. Teacher(S) becomes the anonymous concealed carrier for the school.
- Teachers go through an intensive 3-day training that teaches them to present a firearm in a very defensive way. They must qualify by shooting more shots and allowed fewer misses than some state police officers.
- Teachers then are no longer left to defend the children with their bare hands
- Importance of Trauma Care – Example of Sandy Hook it took EMT’s 45 minutes to get into the school
- Teaches Combat type trauma care
- Teachers provided with crash kit
- Teachers need to be defenders – as soon as they stop the shooter the sooner they can begin to save lives of the injured
- Gun Free Zones are sanctuaries for faith, education, and healing but are defenseless.
- Self Defense Podcast talks about events from news and breakdowns training needed to successfully defend yourself
For more information, go to:
Dr. Kelli Ward is also former Arizona State Senator Kelli Ward and she has worn both hats skillfully and with full confidence in her abilities. She earned her BS in psychology from Duke University, her Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, and her master’s degree in public health from A.T. Still University. She lives in Lake Havasu City with her husband and fellow doctor, Mike Ward, along with their three children –Cameron, Katie, and Nick, plus little dog, Rosie.
As an Arizona State Senator, Dr. Ward, was one of the most committed Conservatives in the legislature and introduced the Arizona Fourth Amendment Protection Act, which would “ban the state from engaging in activities which help the NSA carry out their warrantless data-collection programs, or even make use of the information on a local level.” Respected Conservative website Breitbart.com calls her “a rising star.” Indeed, she is, as she challenges 30-year Beltway veteran John McCain.
Defeating a 5-term entrenched Republican is no easy task. However, here is recent good news. Dr. Ward was the choice of 45% of the registered Arizona voters polled in the August 15 Gravis poll, while John McCain only picked up 36%. Also, 1,271 of the more than 1,400 voters polled say they intend to vote in the 2016 primary election on August 30. Approximately one-fifth were undecided at this early stage of the race. Independent polling company Gravis Marketing conducted the poll. It surveyed 844 Republican primary voters and 427 Democrats.
Dr. Ward is smart, determined, energetic, personable and dedicated to service to the citizens of Arizona. She is exactly what Arizonans need in these difficult times —someone fresh, bold and exciting and honest to the core. She will make certain the voters know the disappointing record and stands John McCain has taken on Immigration, Planned Parenthood, Obamacare, Veterans’ care, and the Common Core standards. These are just a few of the many issues that caused the Maricopa Republican Party to censure John McCain in 2014.
There is little question that Dr. Kelli Ward is definitely the right medicine to cure Arizona’s ills. She will make a difference and lead the way in 2016 as a valuable voice for our beloved state.
- BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! Dr. Kelly Ward receives endorsement from N.A.G.R. – National Association of Gun Rights
- Everyday our Constitution is being chipped away at
- Main reason she is running – We will not be the great Nation we are without our Constitution and Second Amendment
- Firearms are the ‘Great Equalizer’ so as women we must fight fiercely for our 2A Rights
- Running to serve the public
- Good people have to stand up to be public servants
- McCain has spent 2 million dollars on ‘attack ads’
- Going to be a Conservative Champion in Washington DC
- Great conversations going on her social media accounts
- Kelli Ward is hosting the Phoenix premier of Dinesh D'Souza’s ‘Hillary's America’ http://www.dineshdsouza.com/movies/hillarys-america/.
For More Information, go to:
Lara Cullinane Smith the Vice President of the California chapter of the Liberal Gun Club, a national organization which seeks to ensure an educated, liberal voice in debates on gun control and the Second Amendment.
Lara is also a lawyer in the San Francisco Bay Area. Her practice area is mainly business and commercial litigation, but she also helps FFLs and others in the firearms industry with their particular business issues. In the past, Lara has represented law enforcement in high-profile civil rights cases as well, including the shooter in the case that was the basis for the movie “Fruitvale”.
Lara C. Smith is a founding partner with Shrem & Smith, Attorneys At Law.
Says Lara, “I’m La former anti-gunner whose USMC husband convinced me to learn to shoot so I’d be better able to understand the arguments I was making. 2 1/2 years later, I’m the Vice President of the Liberal Gun Club, California Chapter, a member of the DC Project, and an amateur competitor in shotgun and rimfire, and am opening a chapter of a Girl and a Gun in the San Francisco Bay area. I also write and speak on Constitutional issues relating to firearms, and on California gun laws in particular. I own a wide variety of firearms and one of the best experiences of my life was helligunning at the Girl and a Gun National Conference this year.”
The mission of The Liberal Gun Club is to provide a voice for gun-owning liberals and moderates in the national conversation on gun rights, gun legislation, firearms safety, and shooting sports. The Liberal Gun Club serves as a national forum for all people, irrespective of their personal political beliefs, to discuss firearms ownership, firearms use, and the enjoyment of firearms-related activities free from the destructive elements of political extremism that dominate this subject on the national scale. The Liberal Gun Club also actively develop and foster a variety of programs for the purpose of firearms training and firearms safety education, for both gun owners and non-gun owners.
- Liberal Democrat, Lawyer, and Vice President of a local gun club ‘The Liberal Gun Club’
- Part of the The DC Project https://www.agirlandagun.org/dc-project/
- Met with 13 politicians in 2 days
- Personal invitation from California Senator Feinstein who is Anti-Gun was glad to meet and hear the Non-Partisan Pro-2A side
- Met with a California House of Representatives gentleman because he wanted her opinion on ‘No Fly No Buy’ and ‘Universal Background Check’
- Working hard on the side of the Constitution to make sure we have all of our facts straight and is frustrating for the President to go on TV and make an inaccurate statement like ‘It is easier to get your hands on a Glock than a book’
For More Information, go to:
Jason Wasser is the owner and creator of XO Confections, as well as serving our country in the Army National Guard.
Says Jason, “I come from a military and police family. My father is a retired Sergeant Major. My mother is a retired Phoenix police officer. For those old enough they may remember here from a 1993 shooting that awarded her the medal of valor. So I have something to live up to.
I joined the Army airborne infantry in 2004. Deployed to Iraq. In 2008, switched over to the Arizona national guard so I could attend ASU where I received a degree in molecular biology and nearly completed a second degree in nutrition. I attended school using the GI Bill which made it possible to educated myself without needing to work. This allowed me enough free time to become what I am today: a chocolatier.
At XO Confections, we strive to make the most beautiful and truly unique chocolates. Starting from scratch, each piece is made by hand using only the highest quality ingredients to create our different flavor combinations. Each piece is its own journey.
My initial taste for fine food and confections started from living in Europe during my father’s stationing there. I was a big fan of world class chocolates and would regularly gift them out. One year I decided to have a go and trying to make some for my grandmothers 75th birthday. Epic failure. Disaster. Those are words that come to mind when describing how they turned out. But it was from that effort that I found a passionate interest in learning how to make fine chocolates. I began developing my knowledge of chocolate work from my grandmother’s kitchen using used pastry school text books and applying my understanding of biochemistry. Eventually, I would receive formal training at the Chocolate Academy in Chicago learning under chocolate masters like Jerome Landeiu and later I attended the Institute of Culinary Education in New York where I learned to create chocolate from the raw beans.”
- Also in station CFO Steven Swinghammer
- Father stationed in Germany when he was a child and he used to sneak off base to go to candy stores
- Inspired by Chocolatier’s collections from around the world
- Uses his Molecular Biology degree in how to work with chocolate and create recipes
- Cheryl and Danny are in awe by the beauty and Artistry of the Chocolates (and the taste!)
- 18 flavors currently available but more in the works
- Favorites – Single Malt Scotch, Cherry Kirsh, Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar, and Bananas Foster
- Ships anywhere
For More Information, go to:
Responsibly Armed Citizen Report – Armed customer ‘Good Samaritan’ saves the day as an ax wielding man starts attack at a 7-11 convenience store.
Dan’s Tip Of The Week – Training, Training, Training! A person cannot get enough training. Train for real world events ‘shoot or don’t shoot’.
About Gun Freedom Radio Show:
Gun Freedom Radio (formerly Gun Talk AZ) Is a Talk Radio Show on 960am The Patriot, here to bring you all the news in the word of guns, firearms and the Second Amendment.
For more information, visit: www.gunfreedomradio.com.