LINCOLN –-(Ammoland.com)- Hunters may begin donating deer to the Hunters Helping the Hungry (HHH) program Sept. 1 at 18 processor locations around the state. Three additional processors will accept deer for the program starting Nov. 12.
Hunters pay no processing costs for deer accepted by processors for this donation-driven program.
The HHH program provides ground venison to Nebraskans in need and is funded solely by tax-deductible contributions. Hunters should first talk with processors but may keep antlers, head and cape and donate the rest of the deer. Processors accept only whole deer in good condition to ensure a good yield of pure ground venison.
Learn more about the program and how to support it at OutdoorNebraska.org/HHH or contact program coordinator Teresa Lombard at 402 471-5430 or [email protected]
The participating meat processors are:
- Amherst – Belschner Custom Meats Inc.
- Bayard – WyoBraska Wild Game Processors Inc.
- Blair – KB Quality Meats (starting Nov. 12)
- Cozad – Busy Bones Butcher
- Elwood – SteakMaster Inc.
- Franklin – Franklin Locker
- Humphrey – Country Butcher (starting Nov. 12)
- Johnson – Pelican’s Meat Processing
- Lindsay – Melcher’s Locker
- North Bend – Bob’s Custom Meats LLC
- North Platte – Kelley’s Custom Pack LLC
- Oakland – Oakland Processing
- Omaha – B.I.G. Meats Inc., Stoysich House of Sausage
- Orleans – Harlan County Meat Processors
- Oxford – Oxford Locker Inc.
- Panama – Panama Locker
- Table Rock – Den’s Country Meats
- Ulysses – The Butchery
- Valparaiso – Nelson’s Butcher Shop (starting Nov. 12)
- Wahoo – Wahoo Locker