VCDL EM Robert Sadtler compiled this information:
Virginia – -(Ammoland.com)- The Terrorist Watchlist legislation being considered in Congress is nothing more than someone trying to get in the Guinness Book for most civil rights violations at a single time. Consider the Bill of Rights:
1) Except for Dianne Feinstein, everyone agrees that there IS no process for getting off the Terrorist Watchlist. So much for the FIRST AMENDMENT right to petition the government for redress of grievances.
2) The elimination of the SECOND AMENDMENT right to keep and bear arms is a given.
4) Virtually any government bureaucrat can put you on the list for whatever reason they see fit. Say goodbye to the FOURTH AMENDMENT right to probable cause.
5) The FIFTH AMENDMENT is one of the biggest casualties. Of the five protections within, the rights to a grand jury and due process are eliminated outright. If carried to its logical conclusion, when they kick in your door and seize the guns you already have, the right to just compensation will fall victim as well.
6) Of the six protections in the SIXTH AMENDMENT, say goodbye to a public trial, an impartial jury, being informed of the nature and cause of your offense, confronting the witnesses against you and, unless you are VERY wealthy, assistance of legal council.
7) Given the extraordinary violation of Constitutional rights, and the depraved lack of due process and rules of evidence, a case can be made for an EIGHTH AMENDMENT violation of the protection against cruel and unusual punishment.
8) Since the NINTH AMENDMENT is a catch-all, declaring that enumerating rights does not eliminate rights not listed, better legal minds than I could make a case that any number of non-enumerated rights are violated.
There are 26 separate protections in the Bill of Rights. Nine are eliminated outright by this obscene charade, with another four potential abuses. If you want to get in the Guinness Book, go swallow some goldfish. If you want to take meaningful action against terrorism, FIX THE LIST: the listing process, the vetting process, an appeals process.
DON’T let the government remove the Constitutional protections from those it purports to serve without due process and rules of evidence!
About Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL):
Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.
For more information, visit: www.vcdl.org.