PHOENIX, Ari.-(Ammoland.com)- The Arizona Game and Fish Department has scheduled a series of six “open houses” for constituents to review and ask questions about the proposed pronghorn, elk and population management hunt recommendations.
The department annually makes hunt recommendations to the Arizona Game and Fish Commission regarding the management of game species, which establish the seasons, dates, bag limits, open areas and hunt permit-tag allocations based on the framework of the hunt guidelines set by the commission every two years.
The proposed hunt recommendations will be posted Monday, Nov. 21, at www.azgfd.gov/huntguidelines.
The open houses will be conducted at the following Game and Fish regional offices:
- Wednesday, Nov. 23: 6-8 p.m., Flagstaff, 3500 S. Lake Mary Road.
- Wednesday, Nov. 23: 3-5 p.m., Yuma, 9140 E. 28th St.
- Monday, Nov. 28: 3-5 p.m., Tucson, 555 N. Greasewood Road.
- Monday, Nov. 28: 3-5 p.m., Pinetop, 2878 E. White Mountain Blvd.
- Tuesday, Nov. 29: 3-5 p.m., Kingman, 5325 N. Stockton Hill Road.
- Wednesday, Nov. 30: 4:30-6:30 p.m., Mesa, 7200 E. University Road.
The proposed hunt recommendations will be presented to the commission for consideration during its Dec. 3 meeting at department headquarters in Phoenix.
The agenda will be posted at www.azgfd.gov/commission.