Virginia – -(Ammoland.com)- Sadly, about two-thirds of deaths that are caused by the misuse of firearms are suicides.
Truth is that even if we could somehow take guns away from everyone who is suicidal, there would still be a million other ways to commit suicide for those who are hellbent on doing so.
Just look at Japan. Guns aren't used for suicide there and they have a much higher suicide rate than the U.S.
The only way to truly reduce suicides is to find ways to deal with depression and similar mental issues that trigger the wish to commit suicide.
To that effect, here is a list of resources that was sent to Virginia Citizens Defense League by Jackie Cortez with the Prevention Coalition:
Please copy and paste urls.
- How Kids Can Talk to Parents About Depression : http://kidshealth.org/en/teens/talk-depression.html
- Treating and Living with Anxiety : http://www.dbsalliance.org/site/PageServer?pagename=education_anxiety_treatment
- Addiction and Depression: Treating Co-Occurring Disorders : http://www.everydayhealth.com/depression/addiction-and-depression-treating-co-occurring-disorders-9718.aspx
- A Navigation Guide to Self-Discovery During Your Addiction Recovery Journey : http://www.treehouserehab.org/self-discovery-addiction-recovery/
- Recognizing and Treating Depression During Pregnancy : http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/depression/
- Marriage and Mental Health: How to Cope When Your Spouse Has Been Diagnosed with Schizophrenia : https://www.littlechapel.com/how-to-cope-when-your-spouse-has-been-diagnosed-with-schizophrenia.html
- 7 Tips for Creating a Healthy and Positive Work Environment : http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/creating-a-healthy-and-positive-work-environment/
- A Healthy Home is a Happy Home: How to Optimize Your Home for Healthy, Stress-free Living: https://www.redfin.com/blog/2016/10/a-healthy-home-is-a-happy-home-how-to-optimize-your-home-for-healthy-stress-free-living.html
About Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL):
Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.
For more information, visit: www.vcdl.org.