DALLAS -(Ammoland.com)- DSC extends congratulations to President-Elect Donald Trump on his recent historic victory. Trump will join a Republican majority of both houses of Congress in January to help unify a divided country and begin a new chapter in American history.
As part of their support for the president-elect, DSC raised $60,000 for the Republican National Committee at a breakfast fundraiser in July.
- Appoint a pro-hunting and fishing director of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service who understands the role that hunters and anglers play in conservation and return to the successful North American Model of Conservation.
- Adopt American Wildlife Conservation Partners’ “Wildlife for the 21st Century, Volume 5″ recommendations for managing wildlife and habitat. The guideline is the result of a collaboration of hunter conservationists, professional wildlife and natural resource managers, outdoor recreation users, conservation educators and wildlife scientists.
- Develop less burdensome guidelines for importation/exportation of hunting trophies.
- Restrict superfluous lawsuits against the USFWS from anti-hunting groups that only serve to harass, consume money and human resources, and ultimately derail management authority.
- Reassert states’ authority to manage its wildlife.
- Stop ballot initiatives from dictated wildlife management practices and policy making and return the management authority to informed wildlife and resource managers.
- Ensure continued access to public lands.
- Appoint hunter- and firearm-friendly justice(s) to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Encourage more states to pass “The Right to Hunt and Fish” constitutional amendments/legislation.