USA -(Ammoland.com)- On December 30, 2016, the California Department of Justice (DOJ) filed new regulations for “assault weapons” as a result of AB 1135 and SB 880 that were signed into law last July.
Click here to register for the webinar.
The NRA and CRPA’s legal team is currently preparing legal challenges to these regulations and will be bringing challenges to the other “Gunmageddon” bills in the near future.
In the meantime, NRA and CRPA’s legal team have put together a webinar, free of charge, that will allow you to better understand the impact of the regulations.
Join NRA and CPRA on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 12:00 pm (PT) for a live webinar that will cover the new “assault weapon” regulations and help gun owners better understand what they are and how they will be impacted.
In this webinar we will discuss and explain:
- New definitions of terms contained in the “assault weapon” regulations, including the definitions for “disassembly of the firearm action” and “permanently attached to”;
- Requirements for registering an “assault weapon” under the new regulations;
- Impact of the proposed regulations on newly designed magazine release systems marketed as compliant with the new law;
- Impact of the proposed regulations on shotguns and other firearms not classified as “rifles” or “pistols;”
- Requirements for jointly registering a newly classified “assault weapon” with a spouse or other family member;
- Impact of the proposed regulations on firearms manufactured from 80% receivers or otherwise lacking a serial number;
- Whether a gun owner can remove a bullet button from their firearm after it has been registered as an “assault weapon”; and
- Legal Challenges.
C.D. Michel | Senior Counsel; Michel & Associates
Joseph Silvoso | Attorney; Michel & Associates
Online pre-registration is required to participate in the live webinar. Space is limited. After the live presentation, the webinar will be viewable on their website.