Introducing patent-pending revolutionary boltless shield and helmet designs.
JACKSONVILLE, Florida – -(Ammoland.com)- PROTECH Tactical, a brand of The Safariland Group and a recognized leader in the hard armor industry, today announced it will debut five new hard armor products at the 2017 SHOT (Shooting, Hunting, and Outdoor Trade) Show. Leading the new product introductions is the patent-pending Boltless Ballistic Lens Cap for shields and Boltless Helmet Suspension System – both improving ballistic performance by eliminating the risk of a round penetrating a bolt or seam. Available this month, the line will be on display at The Safariland Group booth #12762.
“Driven by the need for safer products in today’s high-risk law enforcement and first responder environments, we’ve engineered our patent-pending boltless shield design to optimize the ballistic integrity of our gear,” said Director of Hard Armor at PROTECH Tactical Dan McNeil. “By eliminating bolt drilling, we not only decrease weight for enhanced maneuverability, but also, we create safer, higher performing products.”
The new PROTECH Tactical products include:
- Boltless Helmet Suspension Systems: With the four-point retention, either with pads or the R2S™ ratchet, the system maintains the helmet’s ballistic integrity by eliminating bolt holes and provides greater comfort with more adjustment options. The new Boltless Helmet Suspension System is available on the Delta™ 4 line of helmets which is available in Black, Tactical Green, Coyote brown or Foliage Green with an MSRP of $675.00.
- Next Generation Boltless Shield with Ballistic Lens Cap: Setting a new standard for Type IIIA ballistic shields, the Entry 1 FR US is the first in a series of Type IIIA Boltless Ballistic Lens Caps from PROTECH Tactical. The boltless design decreases the shield’s overall weight and increases functionality by eliminating the risk of a round penetrating a bolt or seam. The Entry 1 FR US shield is 24”x 36” with long-arm weapon cut-outs. The MSRP is $5,280.00. Patent Pending.
- Model 2014MC NIJ 0101.06 Type IV Compliant Stand Alone Plate: An economical 6.9 lb. multi-curve Type IV plate, the Model 2014MC is NIJ 0101.06 compliant and addresses active shooter protection for first responders. Available in 10”x12” shooters cut and 6”x6” single-curve mini-side plates, the Model 2014MC fits all PROTECH Tactical platforms and plate racks. The MSRP is $380.00.
- R2S™ Ratchet System with Padding Suspension: Until now, the R2S Ratchet System was only offered with a mesh crown suspension system. Now, this system is available with padding suspension that provides users with a secure and comfortable fit. Available on the Delta 4 and Delta 5 line of helmets, this new offering with padding suspension will provide a more secure and comfortable fit for high-speed or long-wear operations. Delta 4 and Delta 5 line of helmets are available in full-cut, mid-cut, and high cut with MSRPs ranging from $665.00 to $1,390.00
- Tactical Weapons Trunk Box: As the lid of the box can simply be used as a Type IIIA ballistic shield, PROTECH Tactical is providing unprecedented protection for teams in the line of fire in an active shooter type situation. Additionally, the Tactical Weapons Trunk Box meets the needs for vehicles requiring secured storage of long-arm weapons and other duty specific products such as helmets and plate racks. It is available in Black Powder Coated Aluminum in two sizes (7 inch and 12 inch). The 7 inch model at 36 inches long x 16 inches wide x 7 inches deep has an MSRP of $2,592.00, and the 12 inch model at 36 inches long x 16 inches wide x 12 inches deep has an MSRP of $2,670.00.
The PROTECH Tactical line of products will be on display at The Safariland Group booth, #12762, throughout SHOT Show 2017, from January 17 to 20. For more information, please visit www.safariland.com/protech-tactical.
About PROTECH Tactical
PROTECH® Tactical has maintained the leading position in the tactical armor industry for more than 25 years by continually pursuing its passion to create the gear most coveted by tactical teams throughout the world. PROTECH Tactical takes pride in providing the most comprehensive offering of field proven hard and soft armor. Its cutting edge line up of ballistic tactical vests, shields, armor plates, helmets non-ballistic load-carrying systems and other accessories provide unparalleled head to toe protection. PROTECH Tactical is a part of The Safariland Group family of brands. For more information, visit www.safariland.com/protech-tactical.
About The Safariland Group
The Safariland Group is a leading global provider of a broad range of safety and survivability products designed for the public safety, military, professional and outdoor markets. The Safariland Group offers a number of recognized brand names in these markets including Safariland®, Med-Eng®, ABA®, Second Chance®, VIEVU®, Mustang Survival®, Bianchi®, Break Free®, Protech® Tactical, Defense Technology®, Hatch®, Monadnock®, Identicator® and NIK®. The Safariland Group's mission, “Together, We Save Lives”, is inherent in the lifesaving and protective products it delivers. The Safariland Group is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. The Safariland Group is a trade name of Safariland, LLC.
For more information about The Safariland Group and these products, please visit www.safariland.com.