On some issues, they are all about protecting rights: LGBTQ+, woman’s reproduction, voter, and so on.
But when it comes to guns, well, that’s very different. On the survey, the only things that you are allowed to agree with are all restrictions, limits, and bans.
Oh, they do have an “Other” category, where you can list your own items. How very magnanimous of those House Democrats!
Here’s the section on guns (emphasis on certain words is mine):
To reduce gun violence, I support (check all that apply)?
- REQUIRING background checks on all gun purchases.
- CLOSING the gun show loophole.
- Restoring one gun per month RESTRICTION.
- LIMITING size of ammunition clips.
- Allowing localities to BAR guns on designated public property.
- BANNING high-powered military style weaponry
- BANNING gun stores from within school zones
- Other: Fill in the blank
Here’s the link to their survey:
LOBBY DAY IS TOMORROW.
Thanks to member J.B. Mixon for the link.
About Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL):
Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.
For more information, visit: www.vcdl.org.