Xavier Becerra Confirmed as California’s Next Attorney General

Xavier Becerra
Xavier Becerra
National Rifle Association Institute For Legislative Action (NRA-ILA)
National Rifle Association Institute For Legislative Action (NRA-ILA)

Fairfax, VA – -(Ammoland.com)- Yesterday, January 23 2017, the state Senate confirmed U. S. Representative Xavier Becerra as California’s next Attorney General by a vote of 26-9. The swearing in ceremony took place earlier today, January 24 2017.

As previously reported, U. S. Representative Xavier Becerra, has not been a friend on Second Amendment and hunting-related issues during his time in Congress.

During the confirmation hearings, he did not back away from his position on Second Amendment issues and made it clear that he supports the legislature’s gun control efforts in California.

Upon his swearing in as the Attorney General of California U.S. Representative Becerra will head the California Department of Justice (DOJ) including the Bureau of Firearms. The Bureau is responsible for all things firearm related in California, including promulgating rules and regulations. As reported, regulations relating to “assault weapons” have been submitted by DOJ to the Office of Administrative Law. Your NRA will continue to keep you up to date on these regulations and future regulations, fighting every step of the way, including in the courts, to protect your Second Amendment rights.

Please continue check your email and www.NRAILA.org for updates on firearm and hunting-related issues happening throughout California.

About:
Established in 1975, the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the “lobbying” arm of the National Rifle Association of America. ILA is responsible for preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals in the legislative, political, and legal arenas, to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Visit: www.nra.org

Li Ham
Li Ham

We should ban guns . Executive Order to ban access to the U.S. for refugees and some visa holders from Iran. There should be a ban on their government that has suppressed Persians. The government in Iran was set up by the Western world in order to get the petroleum from Iran and sell weapons to Iran . The population is not profiting from the petroleum. Only the set up regime and the governments that have established the current regime in Iran. Now it is time for negotiations no more back stabbing for gaining profits. Iranian people are willing to… Read more »

Alex Tary
Alex Tary

To be expected in Commiefornia

2nd Amender
2nd Amender

CA should be divided, naturally, on a north to south manner……..

BY A FINAL FRACTURING OF THE SAN ANDREAS FAULT…!

HLF
HLF

If you did not vote to change the marxest government in California, do not complain. You are the problem. Many people stayed home, instead of doing their citizen right of voting. Shame on you, you got what you deserve.

Colonialgirl
Colonialgirl

Definitely LOOKS like there is a MAJOR disconnect between all parts of the brain.

tomcat
tomcat

That’s good, it took a pure idiot and wetback out of the U.S. congress and stuck him back with the rest of the Kommifornia trash. He hates guns but he is a loose cannon, himself.

mike
mike

I find it amazing how these anti gun freaks keep getting put into office.I guess he was swept in By Brown, Another gun hating idiot

Jim S
Jim S
Reply to  mike

I think the gun owners of California have quit voting and are just sitting back. If every firearm owner got one friend to join the effort to vote out these people, we could make a change. But we dont. I have seen cases where hunters say no one needs an AR15 to hunt or shoot at targets, no one needs to conceal carry, no one needs more than 10 rounds in a magazine. Every erosion of a part of gun rights creeps up on everyone. We need to stick together and support firearm rights for every group of people. We… Read more »

John Dunlap
John Dunlap
Reply to  mike

I don’t find it amazing, or even surprising. I was born here longer ago than I care to admit, and I’ve seen enough suspicious activity at the polls that I wouldn’t be at all surprised to find out I voted for Hillary. Latest reports I’ve seen put the number of outright illegal votes from California at over three million. Decades from now, historians will be telling your grandchildren that Clinton didn’t win the popular vote, didn’t even win California. Concerning Becerra, I wrote, I called, I pleaded, and it still went down as I expected, on a straight party line… Read more »