Gilbert, AZ –-(Ammoland.com)- Knife Rights' bipartisan Texas Knife Law Reform Bill, HB 1935, that would repeal the ban on all “illegal knives” in Texas statutes, has been scheduled for a hearing on Monday in the House Committee on Criminal Jurisprudence.
If you live, work or travel in Texas, please contact the committee members TODAY and politely ask them to “please vote “YES” on HB 1935.” That's all you need to do, short and simple.
You can easily send an email to all the members of the Committee using Knife Rights new Legislative Action Center: Click here to send emails to the Committee
- Chairman Joe Moody: (512) 463-0728
- Vice Chair Todd Hunter: (512) 463-0672
- Rep. Terry Canales: (512) 463-0426
- Rep. Barbara Gervin-Hawkins: (512) 463-0708
- Rep. Cole Hefner: (512) 463-0271
- Rep. Mike Lang: (512) 463-0656
- Rep. Terry Wilson: (512) 463-0309
Sponsored by Representative John Frullo with co-sponsor Rep. Harold Dutton, HB 1935 would complete Knife Rights' efforts to bring knife freedom to Texas by removing entirely the definition of “illegal knife” in Section 46.01(6) of the Penal Code. This includes the prohibition on double edge blades, Bowie knives and the 5.5-inch carry limit.
- Rep. Frullo was honored with Knife Rights' Freedom's Edge Award for his role as sponsor of Knife Rights' Texas Knife Law Preemption Bill that was enacted into law in 2015.
- Rep. Dutton was honored with Knife Rights' Freedom's Edge Award for his role as sponsor of Knife Rights' Texas Switchblade Ban Repeal Bill that was enacted into law in 2013.
Knife Rights is rewriting knife law in America. Knife Rights passed the nation's first Knife Law Preemption bill removing patchworks of local knife laws that trap unwary citizens in Arizona in 2010 and has since passed preemption bills in Alaska, Georgia, Kansas, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wisconsin.
Knife Rights (www.KnifeRights.org) is America's Grassroots Knife Owners Organization, working towards a Sharper Future for all knife owners. Knife Rights is dedicated to providing knife owners an effective voice in public policy. Become a Knife Rights member and make a contribution to support the fight for your knife rights. Visit www.kniferights.org