USA -(Ammoland.com)- The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation is proud to announce the 2017 SCTP and SASP Scholarship Program.
The scholarship program rewards deserving Scholastic Clay Target Program and Scholastic Action Shooting Program graduating seniors with needed college assistance.
Through this program the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation has provided over $200,000 in scholarship funds in the last four years to assist high school seniors in pursuing higher education.
The main objective is to award as many scholarships as possible to qualifying SCTP / SASP graduating seniors. The application deadline is April 17th so, apply now using our online application form at sssfonline.org!
SSSF is establishing minimal guidelines for the selection procedure, thus allowing the final selection to be as simple as possible.
- Each applicant must be a graduating senior within the year of the awarded scholarship and must be registered for college before the scholarship is awarded in that same year.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative Grade Point Average through the most recent grading period ending on or before April 1, 2017.
- Each prospective recipient must be registered as a full-time college student before the scholarship is awarded and must provide the name of the post-secondary college or community/ junior college to receive the scholarship proceeds. Each scholarship check will be mailed to the appropriate college in the student’s name by October 1, The scholarship funds are to be used for tuition, fees, etc. This is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any “full” scholarship funds in order to qualify (i.e., athletics, military academy, academic, etc. ).
- Applicants must have participated during 2016-2017 in one of their SCTP / SASP State Championships, National Championships, or regional events in Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, or Olympic Bunker; Olympic Skeet Championships, Pistol or Rifle.
- Applicants must be able to complete all parts of the application packet:
Application / Personal Information Page:
- One Page Student Resume or School and Non-School Activities and Honors
- One Page Essay (see Essay Guidelines)
- Must attach current high school transcript or home school transcript!
Funds will be awarded, if available, and the goal is to assist as many SCTP / SASP graduating high school seniors as possible.
About Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation (SSSF):
The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation (SSSF) is 501(c)(3) public charity responsible for all aspects of the Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) and Scholastic Action Shooting Program (SASP) across the United States. SCTP and SASP are youth development programs in which adult coaches and other volunteers use shooting sports to teach and to demonstrate sportsmanship, responsibility, honesty, ethics, integrity, teamwork, and other positive life skills. SCTP was developed as a program of the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) until the SSSF was created in 2007 to operate the SCTP. In 2012, SSSF created the SASP and became the managing foundation of both programs.
For more information about SSSF, visit their website.