MEMPHIS, Tenn. -(Ammoland.com)- Each spring, Ducks Unlimited (DU) announces its Greenwing Honor Roll list of top-producing DU chapters throughout the nation.
This elite group is considered the best of the best when it comes to youth targeted events.
Chapters were chosen based on an equal rating of attendance and revenue raised for conservation efforts.
In 2016, Greenwing Honor Roll qualifying chapters generated 2,700 Greenwing members and raised more than $80,000 to benefit DU’s mission.
“DU’s Greenwing program offers youth and their families an opportunity to connect with the outdoor world around them in a fun environment,” said Mark Horobetz, DU’s manager of youth and education programs. “I congratulate not only the qualifying Honor Roll chapters, but all volunteers who have chosen to give back and leave a legacy.”
This year’s Greenwing Honor Roll chapters are:
- Delaware State Committee Chapter – Dover, Del.
- Benton County Chapter – Bentonville, Ark.
- Wilson Chapter – Wilson, N.C.
- Jacksonville Chapter – Jacksonville, Ark.
- Upper Lafourche Chapter – Thibodaux, La.
- Greater Houston Greenwing Chapter – Houston, Texas
- Walton County Chapter – Loganville, Ga.
- Southern Minnesota Chapter – Sherburn, Minn.
- Harnett County Chapter – Dunn, N.C.
- Mid-South Regional Greenwing Chapter – Memphis, Tenn. / Desoto, Miss.
- Greater Kansas City Chapter, Mo. – Kansas City, Mo.
For more information, visit their website.
About Ducks Unlimited:
Ducks Unlimited Inc. is the world’s largest nonprofit organization dedicated to conserving North America’s continually disappearing waterfowl habitats. Established in 1937, Ducks Unlimited has conserved more than 14 million acres thanks to contributions from more than a million supporters across the continent. Guided by science and dedicated to program efficiency, DU works toward the vision of wetlands sufficient to fill the skies with waterfowl today, tomorrow and forever.
For more information on our work, visit their website.