Gun Digest and Massad Ayoob Provide Sage Advice from Top Industry Experts in the new book Straight Talk on Armed Defense: What the Experts Want You to Know.
Zephyr Cove, Nevada –-(Ammoland.com)- In Straight Talk on Armed Defense: What the Experts Want You to Know, Massad Ayoob and the nation’s leading experts on personal protection, self-defense and concealed carry deliver authoritative guidance from their personal experience. The book releases in mid-May and is available now for preorder at www.gundigeststore.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other major and specialty retailers.
To create Straight Talk, self-defense authority Massad Ayoob requested contributions from experts he trusted to provide real-world, detailed guidance on the many aspects of armed defense.
Straight Talk on Armed Defense Contributors include:
- John Hearne takes you “inside the defender’s head” and reveals the most effective route to train and prepare for self-defense incidents.
- Dr. Anthony Semone discusses post-shooting trauma and necessary steps to develop resilience and symptom reduction following a deadly force event.
- Dr. Alexis Artwohl explains why understanding how the mind operates is critical to surviving an attack and the legal and emotional challenges that follow.
- Dr. William Aprill describes the “face of the enemy” to help us understand violence and those who traffic in it.
- Craig “Southnarc” Douglas details the conditions present during the typical criminal assault and how to incorporate those conditions into your training.
- Massad Ayoob discusses power, responsibility and the armed lifestyle.
- Tom Givens underscores the importance of finding relevant training, through case studies of his own students involved in armed encounters.
- “Spencer Blue,” active robbery/homicide detective, reveals patterns that emerged during his investigations and describes the differences in tactics of citizens who won versus those who lost.
- Ron Borsch presents dozens of actual cases of armed and unarmed citizens single-handedly stopping mass murders in progress.
- Harvey Hedden provides insight and advice to guide lawfully armed citizens in interactions with law enforcement.
- Jim Fleming, Esq. describes the criminal trial process and how it plays out in a “righteous use of deadly force in self-defense” case.
- Marty Hayes, JD, provides the critical questions that must be asked to choose a reliable post-self-defense incident support provider.
Get the straight talk on armed defense from this unique compendium of the world’s leading subject matter experts in lethal self-defense. Order print or e-book copies today from Gun Digest at www.gundigeststore.com or by calling (855) 840-5120 (product number R3599); amazon.com; barnesandnoble.com; and most other major and specialty booksellers.
Straight Talk on Armed Defense: What the Experts Want You to Know
Published by Gun Digest Media ∙ Edited by Massad Ayoob
ISBN-13: 978-1-4402-4754-5 ∙ Price: $21.99 ∙ Paperback: 6 x 9 ∙ 256 Pages
About Gun Digest Media
Gun Digest has been the firearm industry’s premier publishing brand since 1944. In addition to the Gun Digest Annual, the imprint is home to the Standard Catalog of Firearms pricing guide and more than 150 active titles on handguns, rifles, shotguns, shooting, reloading, gunsmithing, self-defense, and firearms history. Additional Gun Digest Media properties include Gun Digest the Magazine, published 18 times annually, and Modern Shooter TV. Learn more at gundigest.com.
About the Editor
Massad Ayoob has published thousands of articles in gun magazines, martial arts publications, and law enforcement journals, and authored more than a dozen books on firearms, self-defense, and related topics. During his distinguished career, Ayoob has won several state and regional handgun shooting championships, appeared as an expert witness for courts in weapons and shooting cases, and currently appears in numerous television shows. He founded the Lethal Force Institute in 1981 and served as its director until 2009, and now trains through Massad Ayoob Group.