Trojan Firearms 9mm PRO9V1 Rifles, a New Line Of 9mm AR Platform Carbines

Trojan Firearms 9mm PRO9V1 Rifle Receiver
Trojan Firearms 9mm PRO9V1 Rifle Receiver
Trojan Firearms
Trojan Firearms

Phoenix, AZ – -(Ammoland.com)- Trojan Firearms has introduced their new line of 9mm AR platform carbines: the PRO9V1 series.

These rifles are not just converted AR-15’s, but the Phoenix, Arizona based company specifically designed a pistol caliber carbine from the ground up for superior reliability, whilst still retaining the handling of the standard AR platform.

Trojan Firearms 9mm PRO9V1 Rifle

During the engineering process, particular attention was given to improve the common issues found in the majority of 9mm carbine blow back gas systems.

All PRO9V1 rifles are CNC machined using high-grade aircraft billet aluminum in the lower, upper and hand rail. The lower features Teflon coated springs and detent pins, as well as an enhanced flared mag well. The 16-inch light weight contour barrel is made of 4150V steel with Nitride finish and features a Grater Gen II 9mm tunable muzzle brake. Other great features on the PRO9V1 include a Gen II ambidextrous charging handle and the Trojan Firearms adjustable drop-in trigger group.

The two models in this new product series are the PRO9V1-G (MSRP $1,399.00) which is compatible with 9mm Glock magazines, and the PRO9V1-M (MSRP $1,549.99) which is compatible with 9mm MBX/STI 2011 magazines. The PRO9V1-G is also available in a California 2017 compliant version (MSRP $1,449.99).

All models are currently available through your nearest authorized Trojan Firearms retailer.

Trojan Firearms 9mm PRO9V1 Rifle
Trojan Firearms 9mm PRO9V1 Rifle

About Trojan Firearms:

Trojan Firearms developed from more than 30 years of high-precision machining for the aerospace and weapons defense industries. These industries require high tolerances in every product manufactured regardless of their application. The invaluable experience and techniques gained from 3 decades of success in the aerospace and weapons defense industries has translated into the manufacturing of high-performance firearms and firearms parts. Trojan Firearms takes pride in the quality and attention to detail of their American made products and to offer the highest levels of customer service. To find out more, visit www.trojanfirearms.com.

Don
Don

I never see any of these new 9mm carbine articles discuss the problem with the bent bolt release. My gun came with a redesigned, heavy-duty version of the standard AR bolt release and it still bent and “froze up” after getting wacked by the heavy bolt after a few mags. I finally gave up and cut off the internal part of the bolt release, leaving the thumb pad on the outside for looks only. The bolt hold-open feature is gone.

Wzrd
Wzrd
Reply to  Don

Which gun is that Don? I built a QC10 Glock that has a linkage from the front of the magwell to the bolt catch. It has worked well so far. Only problem I have is if I shoot with the gun resting on magazine it has enough play that it pushes up on the linkage & will cause the bolt to catch every shot. I’m looking at building a 9mm or .45 with NFA parts which incorporates the catch activation into the upper. I remember hearing about problems with bolt catch on 9mm ARs when I was first researching them,… Read more »

Don
Don
Reply to  Wzrd

DDLES. Here is a link to an article on the gun except they are reviewing one using Glock mags (and it’s an SBR) like the gun here. The author mentions the same problem midway through the piece.

Wzrd
Wzrd
Reply to  Don

Mine is similar to that but a little different. As I understand it DDLES was bought & rebranded as QC10. I think they redesigned the bolt catch mech. Is yours a Colt style? As I said my Glock style has worked well, but I’ve probably got less than 500 rounds thru it. PSA has 2 Glock lowers- 1 that has a LRBHO & 1 without. I think the 1 without is most popular & the 1 with it is poorly reviewed bc of the LRBHO. Looks similar to the DDLES/QC10 but uses a spring underneath. I think most current manufacturers… Read more »

American Patriot
American Patriot

Half that price and I’d be interested!

Garryowen
Garryowen

Half that price…. and what’s with the PINK Shiite, this is one time that we can all agree that BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL…;)

Glen M
Glen M

A very nice looking gun but for $1.400 I will keep my ugly HP995st

M. Forsman
M. Forsman

Pretty spendy. Same price as 5 pack of HP 995, pair of CX4 Storm, or a pair of Survival Rifles. Looks like a quality piece, but far out of average budget.

Wzrd
Wzrd

“particular attention was given to improve the common issues found in the majority of 9mm carbine blow back gas systems” such as …?