USA -(Ammoland.com)- Have you ever been curious about what happens with a National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) background check?
If so, we have the event for you! On July 25, 2017, the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division’s NICS Section will be hosting its annual Retailer Day at the CJIS Complex in Clarksburg, West Virginia, and you are invited!
A full day has been planned to provide you with information and briefings regarding several aspects of the NICS and beyond.
Some items on the agenda include:
- A demonstration of a NICS background check being processed, including eligibility determinations.
- A presentation from NICS Section managers who will discuss the unique situation experienced by both the NICS Section and the firearms industry in recent years, and what we’ve done to manage and mitigate a relentless wave of increased volume and demand.
- Immigrant and nonimmigrant information as it relates to the receipt or possession of a firearm.
- Updates provided by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives on Firearm Industry Programs and the National
- Firearms Act Division.
- Legislative information provided by a Department of Justice executive.
- Information about the NICS E-Check.
The NICS Section is also planning to host a Frequently Asked Questions Panel with staff from various facets of the program to address some of the most common areas of confusion. If these topics have peaked your interest, you will not want to miss this event.
There is no registration fee for this event; however, travel costs to and from the event will be at your own expense. Seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis, so register early to secure your spot.
Registration will close on Friday, July 7, 2017.
To register for the 2017 NICS Retailer Day, please visit the NICS FFL website. The link for registration is directly under the picture displayed at the top of the page.