Debriefs on the Pulse nightclub shooting, Dallas police shootout, Washington Navy Yard shooter and others to be held during annual conferences in Phoenix, Arizona.
Doylestown, Pa. (Ammoland.com) – The National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA) has announced its incident debrief topics and schedule for the 17th Annual Crisis Negotiations Conference & Trade Show on Sept. 21 – 25 and the 34th Annual Tactical Operations Conference & Trade Show, on Sept. 24 – 29, 2017, both to be held at the Sheraton Grand in Phoenix, Arizona.
The Pulse nightclub shooting, Dallas police shootout and Washington Navy Yard shooter are among several incidents to be discussed. As part of their registration fee, participants of both conferences will be able to attend the Sunday, Sept. 24 and Monday, Sept. 25 debriefs, as well as our two-day Trade Show, all in one convenient location.
“Hearing firsthand debriefs of recent critical incidents, from experienced officers, provides our members with some of the most effective learning opportunities. We have a stellar lineup of debriefs this year that our membership will find truly beneficial,” said Don Kester, Director of Training and Education.
Sunday, Sept. 24
- 2013 Washington Navy Yard Active Shooter: NCIS agent C. Scott Smith will provide a review of the incident in which a lone suspect killed 12 employees before being killed by police. (CNT conference participants may attend. Debrief will be repeated Wednesday, Sept. 27.)
Monday, Sept. 25
- Marcus Schumacher Domestic Incident: Officers from the Fargo (ND) Police Department will discuss the patrol response and shooting death of Officer Jason Moszer during a 2016 domestic disturbance involving suspect Marcus Schumacher. (CNT conference participants may attend. Debrief will be repeated Thursday, Sept. 28.)
Tuesday, Sept. 26
- Pulse Nightclub Tragedy: Orlando Police Capt. Mark Canty and Lt. Scott Smith will discuss the law enforcement response to the June 2016 shooting at the Pulse night club.
- Phoenix Police Department Incident: Bill Underwood, a veteran of the Phoenix Police Department, will discuss his department’s response to a February 2016 incident in which a 26-year-old man shot four family members and set the family house on fire.
- 07/07/16 Murder of 5 Dallas Police Officers: Dallas SWAT debrief on the July 2016 incident in which a lone gunman killed five officers and wounded seven other officers and two civilians.
Registration for the 2017 NTOA Crisis Negotiations Conference & Trade Show and the Tactical Operations Conference & Trade Show is open to all active law enforcement officers. Keep updated on the latest conference announcements by following the NTOA on Facebook and Twitter.
For more information on the National Tactical Officers Association, visit www.ntoa.org or call 800-279-9127. Join the NTOA today and start receiving the benefits of better training and stay on top of the ever-changing and challenging world of law enforcement.
About the National Tactical Officers Association:
The mission of the NTOA is to enhance the performance and professional status of law enforcement personnel by providing a credible and proven training resource as well as a forum for the development of tactics and information exchange. The association’s ultimate goal is to improve public safety and domestic security through training, education and tactical excellence. www.ntoa.org.