PIERRE, S.D. -(Ammoland.com)- From live music to owl watching, there is an activity for everyone this weekend in South Dakota state parks.
Friday, Aug. 4 – Sunday Aug. 6
- Sioux River Folk Festival, Newton Hills State Park, Canton. $35 for a weekend pass. Info: fotm.org
Saturday, Aug. 5
- Halloween at the Ranch, Pierson Ranch Recreation Area, Yankton, 7-10 p.m. CT. Info: 605.668.2985.
- Riverman/Riverwoman Sprint Triathalon, Farm Island Recreation Area, Pierre, 7:40 a.m. CT. Info: 605.773.2885.
- Lantern Tour, Fort Sisseton Historic State Park, Lake City, 9 p.m. CT. Info: 605.448.5474.
- Kayaking For Fun, North Point Recreation Area, Pickstown, 10 a.m. CT. Pre-registration required. Info: 605.487.7046.
- Evening with the Owls, Oahe Downstream Recreation Area, Fort Pierre, 8 p.m. CT. Info: 605.223.7722.
- Creative Nature Crafts, Oakwood Lakes State Park, Bruce, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. CT. Info: 605.627.5441.
For more information on activities in South Dakota state parks, visit their website or contact the individual park office.