San Diego, CA –-(Ammoland.com)- The production version of the hard use, Every Day Carry (EDC) folding knife that took Kickstarter by storm is now shipping.
The first 300 numbered units of the mid-tech folding knife made by Robert Young Pelton’s DPx Gear in partnership with Zac Brown’s Southern Grind will make their way to expectant customers starting today.
“We have worked long and hard to design and build an all-American pocket folder,” said DPx Gear owner Robert Young Pelton. “We are thrilled to find a manufacturing partner in Southern Grind, American craftsmen who share our vision and constantly exceed our expectations.”
The DPx HEST/F Urban “Ti” hits the booming EDC market with a compact, no compromise urban tool. The knife features a 3” inch sword grind blade crafted from CPM S35VN steel, DPx Gear’s patented quick open feature, a reversible, deep carry, titanium pocket clip, a stainless steel lock bar insert, a tungsten carbide glass breaker, wire stripper jimping, and an overall strength that is proportionally stronger than the Urban’s famous bigger brother: the DPx HEST/F 2.0 hard use folding knife.
“Southern Grind is honored to be manufacturing high end, heavy use knives for DPx Gear. We are selective in who we partner with and when you see the new DPx Gear HEST/F Urban “Ti” you will understand why this was an easy decision,” said Southern Grind G.M. Jeff Beatty.
Pelton has been awarded over two dozen U.S. and European patents for his designs and inventions. Once a new knife design goes into production, it is commemorated with a short collectible run. “As a tradition we make a few hundred, numbered first run sets,” says Lisa Pelton, co-owner of DPx Gear, “and they go very quickly.”
DPx Gear products are available from select knife dealers and DPxGear.com.
The DPx HEST/F Urban Titanium First Run features:
- American 6Al4v Titanium Frame. A twice-machined frame made of aerospace quality, American 6Al4v titanium alloy in a grey bead blast finish.
- CPM S35-VN Stainless Steel Blade. A U.S. made and formulated martensitic blade steel also in a polished and stonewashed finish in a high sword grind.
- Bearing Pivot. Stainless steel caged bearing pivot hardware for rapid deployment and effortless opening and closing.
- DPx Gear Patented Blade Notch. Designed to allow the knife to open faster than an automatic and to the rear of the holder. This feature does double duty as a cap lifter.
- Integral ¼” Hex Drive. An ideal way to use use drives and tools with our built in hex drive.
- DPx Gear Patented Tri-Gauge Wire Strippers. Jimping designed for use as wire strippers in the exact size of household gauge, auto and even timer wires (for blasting or electronics).
- Frame Lock. The US-invented frame lock with 440C stainless steel insert.
- Glass Breaker. The DPx HEST/F Urban has a tungsten carbide glass breaker. A potentially lifesaving tool in the event of an auto accident or fire.
- Reversible, Deep Carry Heat Treated Titanium Alloy Pocket Clip. The deep carry clip ensures a low safe unobtrusive carry. The titanium alloy clip is fully reversible.
- Weight: 3.35 ounces
- Blade: Length 2.9″
- Type: Folding
- Steel: CPM S35-VN
- Blade: Coating Uncoated, stonewashed
- Blade Thickness: 0.16″
- Handle Color/Finish: Bead blasted grey
- Handle Material: 6Al4v Titanium
- Glass Breaker: Threaded replaceable, tungsten carbide
- Overall Length: 6.7″
- Dimensions Closed: 3.875” long by .5” thick by 1” high
- Rockwell Hardness: 61 HRC
- Configuration: Right-handed, reversible clip
Country of Origin: USA
About DPx Gear
Founded in 2008 by explorer, author and adventurer, Robert Young Pelton, DPx Gear, Inc. designs, tests and builds hard use equipment for special operations, expeditions and law enforcement. Learn more at www.dpxgear.com.
About Zac Brown’s Southern Grind
Southern Grind is Zac Brown’s metal shop that offers unrivaled knife quality and unique metal works made by American hands using extremely high quality materials and an unparalleled attention to detail. Learn more at http://www.southerngrind.com.